What's new

A giant squid got me a pipe smoking starter kit (story within)

a.k.a...Price is a very bad man!

Let me start off by explaining the title...In one of the Sue Moore auction pipe threads, Jason (jmallen5) made a comment about Price being too busy to post due to fighting off giant squid. I made the same comment in the "guess the movie quote" thread because Price said he missed a few of his favorite movies due to work. He then asked me if I was thinking about dipping into the Brown Leaf pool due to perusing pipe auctions. One thing led to another and yesterday I opened a "stater" kit from Price (I only use quotes because this is the largest starter kit of anything I've ever seen :ohmy:) containing:

-2 pipes (one bent, one straight)
-Czech tool
-bundle of pipe cleaners
-baggies of:
Ennerdale
Peter Stokkebye Luxury Navy Flake
Frog Morton
McBaren 7 Seas Royal Blend
Samuel Gawith Squadron Leader
Dunhill Flake
Two Friends English Chocolate
G.L. Pease Cumberland
Samuel Gawith Full VA Flake
Hal O' The Wynd

I immediately loaded up the bent pipe with some Hal O' the Wynd, tamped it down with my best newbie skills, found a long match, lit up (after much effort!) had a few puffs, re-lit (about 5 times) and enjoyed a great smoke. I think Price is right, I am going to have a new AD. I look forward to experimenting more with all the tobacco that was sent and posting here in this forum and learning much about the gentlemanly art of pipe smoking.

Cheers,
Ed

Last edited:
:laugh: Always happy to inflict an AD share an interest with one of you fine fellows, and we're all glad to welcome you to this little corner, Ed. I certainly appreciate all the benevolent assistance and blatant enabling Ive received since I first picked up the briar. Hope you enjoy it, Ed - welcome to your newest AD!

-2 pipes (one bent, one straight)
-Czech tool
-bundle of pipe cleaners
-baggies of:
Ennerdale
Peter Stokkebye Luxury Navy Flake
Frog Morton
McBaren 7 Seas Royal Blend
Samuel Gawith Squadron Leader
Dunhill Flake
Two Friends English Chocolate
G.L. Pease Cumberland
Samuel Gawith Full VA Flake
Hal O' The Wynd

That goes beyond mere enabling and touches on entrapment. Nice.

Top Bottom