What's new

B.O.S.S. Brotherhood of Slant Shavers

My iKon slant head with EJ handle. This head is a real singer
$WP_20140405_09_18_08_Pro.jpg

Went two days without shaving, a big no no for me, because of work schedule and traveling. The iKon slant did me right, less torture than normal after a two day hiatus. Pretty smooth.

I've been rotating razors on a weekly basis. Last week was my 38C; this week I'll be using my Merkur 39C with a Feather blade. I've found the slant to deliver a smooth and comfortable shave every time. Of course you must use proper technique.

Haven't been able to swap out razors since I picked up the Merkur 37C! Count me in for B.O.S.S. ! I've had some of my smoothest shaves to date with my slant, After some trial and little error of course. I found it best to work with a heavy lather like proraso. I had a pretty rough shave with Col. Conk's Almond, but I may have rushed it as well, so more user error than anything I bet.

Semper, congrats on your 37c. Mine put all my other razors in a shelf down below. Arko and Proraso have worked best for me. I am going to give Macca Root a spin

Hi Bossmen

I'm interested in getting a slant, but dont know whether to go for a Merkur or look around for a vintage one. My budget is about 100 bucks so I'm not in the Hoffritz market (sadly). I'd really appreciate your views on what to look for and the pros and cons of each.

Hi Bossmen

I'm interested in getting a slant, but dont know whether to go for a Merkur or look around for a vintage one. My budget is about 100 bucks so I'm not in the Hoffritz market (sadly). I'd really appreciate your views on what to look for and the pros and cons of each.

I'd suggest getting the merkur 37c or 39c, depending on the length of handle you like. It's a razor of decent quality, especially for the price, and is very similar to many vintage slants you will find in your price range. If you like the Merkur, you will probably like other slants. If you don't like it, then you didn't waste a bunch of searching and money for the experience.

$100 just might be enough to net you a cased hoffritz on a slow day.

Hi Bossmen

I'd suggest getting the merkur 37c or 39c, depending on the length of handle you like. It's a razor of decent quality, especially for the price, and is very similar to many vintage slants you will find in your price range. If you like the Merkur, you will probably like other slants. If you don't like it, then you didn't waste a bunch of searching and money for the experience.
I have 5 slants, but still prefer the 39c and 37c.

Top Bottom