What's new

B.O.S.S. Brotherhood of Slant Shavers

And yes, THANK YOU, for coming up with the design, I about flipped out when I found out you did that..Great minds think alike!!! My knurling is different though :applause:

Yes to the great minds and I did notice the difference in knurling. I wanted an aluminum handle like the old BRW one that comes up every so often here on BST and gets snapped up before one can even think about it. Andy was able to get pretty close. I have it on the Ikon slant and it is just the right weight for it. Maybe even better, however, I have a UFO Kaiser Short in aluminum attached to a generic Solingen slant head. Talk about a razor!!!! Both good looks and performance is off the charts.

Yes to the great minds and I did notice the difference in knurling. I wanted an aluminum handle like the old BRW one that comes up every so often here on BST and gets snapped up before one can even think about it. Andy was able to get pretty close. I have it on the Ikon slant and it is just the right weight for it. Maybe even better, however, I have a UFO Kaiser Short in aluminum attached to a generic Solingen slant head. Talk about a razor!!!! Both good looks and performance is off the charts.

I like the weight of it, bigggg difference from the UFO's I have, I have NO BRW's :sad:.. I just got a
UFO Kaiser Short in stainless today.. I'm gonna pair it with the Rhodium Hoffritz Head.
I think I'm gonna pair the Andy with the Soligen and the Russian slant for awhile...just to compare them.. LOL don't have anything else to do with all this snow and ice!!!
Ok Zepp, what's your temp and how's the golf game!! LOL!!

$new ufo 014.JPG

I just got my 37C, and I'm pretty excited!

I have yet to use a slant. I'm pretty new to the DE shave experience; it's been a month. I have light weight Feather with the plastic black handle. It's gives me great shaves, but I know there is a better shave out there. I've been using the Feather blades, but just picked up some Personna Medical Preps. I can't wait!

I like the weight of it, bigggg difference from the UFO's I have, I have NO BRW's :sad:.. I just got a
UFO Kaiser Short in stainless today.. I'm gonna pair it with the Rhodium Hoffritz Head.
I think I'm gonna pair the Andy with the Soligen and the Russian slant for awhile...just to compare them.. LOL don't have anything else to do with all this snow and ice!!!
Ok Zepp, what's your temp and how's the golf game!! LOL!!

View attachment 410642

Scott...that looks great!

Another bit of info from the Italian Barber's Fb page. I'm assuming that he means the price will shock in a good way...
$uploadfromtaptalk1391701973141.jpg

we'd take the aluminum ore, heat it to a molten state,add the alloys and pour into billets, ship them out and then, they make the razors

Makes sense now. Say I have a good friend who owns a machine shop w some CNC machines..... wonder if he could do me a handle

Some of the other uses of the aluminum for the razorock slant:

6061-T6 is used for:

• the secondary chambers and baffle systems in firearm sound suppressors (primarily pistol suppressors for reduced weight and functionality), while the primary expansion chambers usually require 17-4PH or 303 stainless steel or titanium.[SUP][9][/SUP][SUP][10][/SUP]

• The upper and lower receivers of many AR-15 variants.

• Many aluminum docks and gangways are constructed with 6061-T6 extrusions, and welded into place.

Some of the other uses of the aluminum for the razorock slant:

6061-T6 is used for:

• the secondary chambers and baffle systems in firearm sound suppressors (primarily pistol suppressors for reduced weight and functionality), while the primary expansion chambers usually require 17-4PH or 303 stainless steel or titanium.[SUP][9][/SUP][SUP][10][/SUP]

• The upper and lower receivers of many AR-15 variants.

• Many aluminum docks and gangways are constructed with 6061-T6 extrusions, and welded into place.

Excellent! :thumbup:

Decided to convert my 37C to a 3 piece by drilling out the handle and shortening and cutting a new thread for the post ...works very well and the bulldog handle is a great improvement. I do like slants. Hopefully this isn't considered a heinous crime against slantdom!

$37c-3_piece.jpg

Cheers. It's a bit utilitarian in that the post ends up being the bare unplated metal as I had to cut a new thread. I also had to epoxy a spacer to the bottom plate as I couldn't get the thread quite far enough down the post ( my die has too big a diameter to fit between the pins ) I'm sure the process could be smartened up though. Btw it just took a bit of drilling and a cheapo die to cut the thread. I'm no machinist, just happy to fiddle and do a bit of DIY

How about a couple of pictures of the tools used ad what the connection looks like finished. Can't see anything in the pic posted except the head and handle.

Cheers. It's a bit utilitarian in that the post ends up being the bare unplated metal as I had to cut a new thread. I also had to epoxy a spacer to the bottom plate as I couldn't get the thread quite far enough down the post ( my die has too big a diameter to fit between the pins ) I'm sure the process could be smartened up though. Btw it just took a bit of drilling and a cheapo die to cut the thread. I'm no machinist, just happy to fiddle and do a bit of DIY

That is how it always starts :thumbup1:

Top Bottom