Thread: Garry's Sample Shop - Vintage Gillette Razor Starter Sets!

Default Garry's Sample Shop - Vintage Gillette Razor Starter Sets!

Vintage Gillette Razor Starter Sets

Perfect for the guy who wants to try traditional wet shaving without dropping a lot of money! This kit is not for the collector or the new guy looking for specific products. This kit is for the guy who is tired of reading about wet shaving and just wants to give it a try using affordable quality products.

By not photographing each razor and not listing or holding myself to stock specific blades, brushes or aftershave splashes I am saving a ton of time and hassle allowing me to offer the kit at a much lower price.

$30.00 shipped CONUS - PM me for International Shipping!

Contents of the Starter Set:

Razor - 1 User Grade (or better) Vintage Gillette Safety Razor. The razor will be cleaned, sanitized and ready to shave when you get it. User grade razors may not be collectors items in the looks department but are guaranteed to be shave ready with no issues.

Blades - 10 DE Blades (brands will vary). The blades will be well known brands so you can easily buy more if you like them.

Brush - 1 Brand New Omega Boar Brush (model will vary but it will be Omega brand). These are brand new brushes from one of the top boar brush makers.

Shave Soap - 1 Arko Shaving Soap Stick or 1oz of The Strop Shoppe Bay Rum Tallow Based Soap (your choice). If you don't indicate your choice, I will gladly pick for you. Arko may just be one of the easiest shaving soaps to lather on the market today. It's low priced and soft enough to mold into the mug or container of your choice if you don't want to use it as a soap stick. The Strop Shoppe soap is fairly new to the market but is a quality artisan made shaving soap with tallow and highly recommended for anyone who doesn't think they will like the industrial citronella scent of the Arko soap.

Aftershave - 1/2oz Aftershave Splash (brands will vary). I will select 2 splashes 1/4oz each based on current available stock. There are some negative associations with alcohol based splashes but I would like to ask you to not believe the hype...yet. An alcohol based splash may be just what you need to revive and heal your sensitive or oily skin and you won't know until you try.

Extra Benefit - I wanted to give every new guy a little extra reason to come back and do business with me again so I will also include 1 Trade Certificate entitling you to return the razor at any time in the same usable condition and in return I will send you a different model Vintage Gillette razor or $10.00 worth of samples (your choice). We would each pay our own shipping and the original certificate must be returned with the razor. All I ask is that you email or PM me before mailing your razor so I can keep track of everything.

Questions - please send me a PM.

How to place an order - please send me a PM and I will reply with my paypal address.

Payment by paypal only
    - no personal or gift payments please!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by gaj90027; 11-01-2012 at 01:02 AM. Reason: Added Photo
    Garry's Sample Shop - Shaving Samples Galore!

Nice offering Garry, the trade certificate is a very nice touch!
    Great vendor to deal with and nice unique service provided!
    Darryn / Bring on the new "XXX"!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Snider View Post
    Nice offering Garry, the trade certificate is a very nice touch!
    Great vendor to deal with and nice unique service provided!
    Quote Originally Posted by maxman View Post
    That's a great deal Garry!
    Thanks for offering it.
    Thanks guys!

I realize there are a lot of starter kits available and I hope the trade certificate and vintage razors help my kit to stand out from the crowd.

I have added a "generic" photo so everyone can have a better idea of what to expect.

I have one starter set left until my next supply of razors arrives later this week - thanks B&B!

It's a black plastic handle tech from the 40's or 50's and I'm willing to take $25.00 shipped anywhere in the USA to move it along!

Remember, the included razor trade certificate entitles you to return the razor for a different one at any time or trade back for $10.00 worth of samples from my sample shop offerings.

The plastic handle tech starter set has been sold!!!

More starter sets should be available tomorrow or Saturday but feel free to PM me if you want me to hold one for you.

Quote Originally Posted by gaj90027 View Post
    I have one starter set left until my next supply of razors arrives later this week - thanks B&B!

It's a black plastic handle tech from the 40's or 50's and I'm willing to take $25.00 shipped anywhere in the USA to move it along!

Remember, the included razor trade certificate entitles you to return the razor for a different one at any time or trade back for $10.00 worth of samples from my sample shop offerings.

I know the samples are out for now, but I loved the package that I got before Garry went on vacation. I've been thinking about getting a Sandalwood scented cream or soap, and trying out all of Garry's definitely helped me understand the scents better than just reading reviews here on the forum. I feel like now I can buy one and waste A LOT less money because I know I'll actually like it!
    David

After stalking the mailman since monday the starter set from Garry finally arrived. First i must say,from start to finish working with Garry was a true pleasure,communication was excellent and the products were as described. I ordered on sunday 11-19 and it was in the mailbox today. I would suggest any newbie like myself to pick up a starter set from him. Thanks again Garry,i look forward to doing more business with you in the near future. Eric

Thanks for the kind words guys!

Just a heads up and reminder that my sample shop will be closed until December 1st but I am still selling the Vintage Gillette Starter Sets during my vacation.

They are in stock and ready to be mailed usually the day after I receive your payment.

Just got a bunch more Vintage Gillette Razors and Omega Boar Brushes so the Starter Sets are back in stock!

These are selling like mad to the ladies as gifts to their men - thank you ladies!

I also have 1 Schick Krona DE Razor which I will offer as a starter set for $27.00 instead of $30.00. Check out the online reviews for the Schick Krona - it's a great razor!

Ordered the started kit, looking forward to its arrival!

Images

Starter Kit ordered and eagerly awaiting arrival!
    -Wes

Great idea offering a trade certificate. If i can figure out how to bookmark I'll save your address.

This is a really stellar deal. A million times better than the typical Van Der Hagen shave set everyone starts with. And this is a complete set because it comes with a razor and blades too! This sure would have helped me 5 or 6 years back when I started.

Got my kit in last week. Garry was great to deal with, quick responses and it was shipped out quickly. Would definitely do business with him again. Razor was in great condition and I like that I get to try some products before I go and buy a "full size" of anything. I definitely have to work on my lathering technique... but that has nothing to do with the kit

Images

Is it safe to say that any vintage razor I receive if I purchase this kit will be better than my Shave Factory / Ming Shi TTO razor? My razor works, but the quality is not all there IMO. I have never held a vintage Gillette razor.

Also, are all the razors in these kits TTO style? That is what I prefer, but I understand I do not have a choice in the razor included with my kit.

Looking to purchase soon, just want to clear these things up

Wow. I've been looking for a place to get samples, and your starter set is a good deal. I'll forward this thread to my brother, and I'll be making an order from your sample shop soon.
    Last edited by Heron; 04-07-2013 at 02:17 PM.

18. 04-11-2013, 12:32 AM

I liked my starter set from Gary and one of the splash samples became my regular favourite: Lime Sec. The tallow from Strop Shoppe also became my go to soap!
    -Joe - vintage visage, USCG retired, BOTSS