What's new

Shoe Advice

Whats going on guys? Just hoping to get yalls opinions on some shoes Im looking at. For the longest time I've worn nothing but Adidas shell toes. I wear a size 16-17 so for a while now they've just been the easiets to find in my size. I've recently been trying to get away from the shell toes and have since gotten a couple of pairs of Creative Recreation's. My style is pretty simplistic. Jeans and tees at all times. Jeans are loose to bootcut but no slim or skinny jeans. Shirts are fitted or slim fit tees. I pretty much stick to the same brands. BKE jeans and OBEY shirts as seen below. I pretty much just have different styles/colors of these pics.

$64300OTTRNPVYB_BLU_lg_v1_m56577569833037412.jpg$48665KBK2307_CPE_lg_v1_m56577569832908517.jpg

I am just wondering if these shoes I am looking at would go with my overall style? I really like the brown and black Rockports but I dont know if I could rock them all the time with my jeans and tees.

$1014750.jpg$1014688.jpg$1014441.jpg

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
I think so. I dont particularly care for the high tops. I wear dress wingtips with jeans all the time. I think it looks good, and I tend to get some compliments.

I wear mostly Tshirts and jeans on my off hours and I would wear those wingtips. With the heavier sole and the distressesd-ish leather they are pretty casual. Plus you could dress em up if you wanted to with a button up shirt. Cant dress up the high tips too much.

The black ones would go with pretty much any color shirt you have.
I am an earthtone junkie so I would get the brown, but I dont own much grey so it works for me.

The brown shoes are nice, but the jeans with the artificial fading just look unnatural and mannered. How about a nice solid contrasting color T-shirt or an oxford buttondown (tucked in)?

Why not branch out in your wardrobe a little?

But I think the wingtips would look good with what you like. The boots go, but I just don't care for them.

I am the wrong guy to ask, being kind of old. But I like both wingtips and agree heavy soles and that leather they are pretty casual. I prefer the gray, too. I think brown, tan, etc. is just so common with jeans, and the gray picks up the shirt. Even if it did not, I like that the gray is less common. I would say the same about black. Also looks more urban, which I like.

I also like dress shoes with jeans from time to time, especially ratted out dress shoes. But again these shoes are casual to my eye.

A classic look, I assume it would still work, despite their massive popularity among the hip hop crown a while back, would be Clark's Desert Boots. I would say stick to the classic color and design. Or prep it up slightly, tan, lace buck with red soles (dirty bucks). Classic (color and style) Topsiders if you want to add a real prep note. Maybe I am off on these suggestions. I am old, but these seem classic!

My twenty-something sons tell me never to tuck any shirt into jeans and I believe them. I do not even tuck golf shirts into khakis when playing golf these days!

I am really the wrong one to ask about the high tops. No dis and this does not rule them out for you at all, but they seem neither fish nor fowl to me. Neither Chucks, which would also go great with this look-- why get stuck on Adidas, there are lots of great "trainers" other there, including Jack Purcells, Puma Clydes (these must come in large sizes!)--nor real leather shoes/boots. So they look confused and frankly ugly to me. I will be wrong when these turn out to be the hottest thing younger guys are all wearing this summer.

The jeans look dated to me--the bleached out fronts of the legs, not the contrasting stitching--but that is a real stretch for me. I just do not keep up with these things. BKE jeans that look just like this may be absolutely hip these days. I kind of hate it that jeans have different styles and go in and out of style. I am pretty much still a Levi's 501 button fly kind of jeans guy, so you can ignore me re the jeans. Skinny jeans seem to make a particular statement to me. If one wants to make that statement, that is fine by me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom