What's new

WOW.. I am amazed

Well I found this forum back in July and immediately bought a brush from C&E and proraso at Bath and Body works. Been getting good lather since I learned to add more water. However I had not switched to a DE. Well yesterday I got the Merkur HD and Derby blades. I did the proper prep and tried to go real slow with no pressure. Well the results were not as smooth as what I used to get with mach III but it was still a good shave. The best part is that I had no irritation. Aqua Velva had almost no burn which never happened before. BUT the best part is how great my skin looks and feels. In the past I would have red marks all over my neck and under my jaw and now I had NONE. I am amazed. I was also wanting to ask ya'll if you ever get BBS smooth with the DE? Thanks

John

(snip) In the past I would have red marks all over my neck and under my jaw and now I had NONE. I am amazed. I was also wanting to ask ya'll if you ever get BBS smooth with the DE? Thanks

John

Absolutely. But it depends on three things: time, practice, and the right brand of blades. Mostly the first two, but why make it hard for yourself? :biggrin:

Within about 2-3 months at most you should be able to pull of a bbs shave, just pick up a sampler pack and have a bit of fun with it.

Good luck!

I can indeed get a BBS shave, and those are happening more and more often as my prep has been much improved (thanks to Kyle's prep method), and my pass sequence has evolved (again...with a nod to Kyle.)

In the beginning I never noticed a difference in any blades, and thought they were all essentially the same. However, now with an excellent prep and regular pass sequence, blades are really beginning to surface as a difference maker.

I was also wanting to ask ya'll if you ever get BBS smooth with the DE? Thanks

John
Yes, I can get BBS using a DE. It requires prep, technique, proper lather, and a sharp blade. My technique includes remembering to shave s-l-o-w-l-y with a light touch and making mulitple passes, including ATG. Like many others, the hair on my neck grows in various directions. I'm certainly no expert. My DE experience is limited to the Gillette Tech and early version Super Speed, neither of which, I believe, is overly aggressive.
:shaving:

-Clarke

A couple of things here:

1.) Karl, thanks for the kind words, and your new avatar may be the best one at B&B. :thumbsup:

2.) John, it sounds like you're on the right track. I think with time you'll find your shaves getting closer and closer while your skin continues to look better and better. In a few months you'll be kicking yourself for waiting so long before converting to the DE.

Top Bottom