What's new

Brush (See Post #4012)

I thought I had won the lotto when I was able to order the new B&B brush from WCS. Received an email from them today that because of an error with their inventory system the brush I bought and paid for last week will not be shipped. The universe has smacked me with it's mighty hand and said "No soup for you!". Awesome.

Or classic Butterscotch. :001_smile
+1 ... that's a great idea.

I don't know who decides the handle color each time, but this last one had me scratching my head and not sure I wanted it ... it just didn't look right to me. The gold flakes in this one just didn't appeal to me.

I actually got as far as putting one in my basket and then let it sit overnight while I thought about. I got an email reminder from WCS the next day, but decided to pass on it and see what the next one looks like.

Hopefully, it will be a solid color, or translucent like the previous iterations.

It would be great if they would settle on one or two colors and keep these in stock regularly. The small production runs make for a long wait in between each edition, and I think that if they were mass produced in larger numbers, the price would come down, too.

It would be great if they would settle on one or two colors and keep these in stock regularly. The small production runs make for a long wait in between each edition, and I think that if they were mass produced in larger numbers, the price would come down, too.

It's an incredible value at it's current price, and the proceeds benefit B&B. No need to try and bring the price down more.

I used mine (first Omega brush ever) today for the first time. What an interesting knot compared to my three Semogue boars. It feels like the hairs themselves are thinner.

Great lather on the first go, using RR San Valentino.

I thought I had won the lotto when I was able to order the new B&B brush from WCS. Received an email from them today that because of an error with their inventory system the brush I bought and paid for last week will not be shipped. The universe has smacked me with it's mighty hand and said "No soup for you!". Awesome.

Same here.

The email had a photo of the next B&B brush and said that I can choose to wait for it instead of getting a refund. The B&B powers that be (Sorry but I don't know everyone's name yet) might not want me to reveal it so I'll just say that the brush looks very nice. Still, you know how it is when you've been looking forward to something - I want the gold one that I ordered!:sad:

Oh well. It's okay.:001_smile

Rick

I'm over it now. I'll get the next brush.

$stop whining.jpg

He who hesitates is lost => Musikmann

But I'm with a few of the others. The gold flake handle didn't quite flip my switch. There was a photo posted on B&B somewhere of a guy's collection of about 10 of these brushes. I thought all of them looked better than the latest iteration, be it frosted or clear? but they all appeared to be a solid color.

Plus an earlier comment by someone caught my eye; he has some Semogue boars, as do I, but he likes the Omega boar bristles better than those used by Semogue. I like both my SOC and my BC LE Cerda but now I want to try at least one of the Omegas.

The great news on the B&B brush is that it is similar to the weather, if you don't like it..... it will change in short order.:tongue_sm

WCS does the community a great favor by handling these items for us, trust me when I tell you we collectively are no picnic to work with! The WCS team does a great job- please be fair, mistakes do happen...in this case it could have been as simple as a typo that caused the error. BTW that photo is a decoy sent to add even more mysticism to the B&B essential boar.
Thanks for all the support, have fun looking out for the "Next One"

Last edited:
Thanks Andy. Now that I think about it they look like they're stuck in their glass cages, which makes me kind of sad. Brushes are meant to be used.

Yeah, I think i'll just get my money refunded. The next brush looks like something you'd find in a teenage girls make up bag.

Same here.

The email had a photo of the next B&B brush and said that I can choose to wait for it instead of getting a refund. The B&B powers that be (Sorry but I don't know everyone's name yet) might not want me to reveal it so I'll just say that the brush looks very nice. Still, you know how it is when you've been looking forward to something - I want the gold one that I ordered!:sad:

Oh well. It's okay.:001_smile

Rick

I don't think the next brush has been made yet, never mund photographed.
Did it look blurry, grainy and about to disappear into the woods?

Top Bottom