What's new

Brush (See Post #4012)

Tragedy! I dropped my Gold Leaf B&B Essential on the bathroom tiles today. Shattered beyond repair (lost some small pieces down the drain). :a48:

It's a real shame. The funk had just gone and I was starting to use it along with the Semogue 620 I picked up on my entry to traditional wet shaving.
Man, that sucks! Limited edition too! My sympathy to you, friend!

The knot looks ok. Being in Australia the shipping back and forth will make repair uneconomical. I might see if I can get hold of an old handle cheaply and explore how to remove the knot and re-glue it. Problem will be finding one with the right diameter and depth. My guess is 22mm diameter and 17 or 18mm depth.

I do think the Gold Leaves contributed to the shattering, you can see small breaks in the surface where the leaves meet the edge so the structure is definitely affected. Be extra careful with that version of the brush! It's even more limited in numbers now. :laugh:

The Postman Just dropped off my Grey Glitter Brush and some creams I ordered. I must say I love the Gold Flake. It's sexy. But this grey glitter looks good. But it Looks Amazing In The Light!! :001_cool:My brush smells of Epoxy, Must be the adhesive used to set the Knot in the handle. Can't wait to break in my Gold flake more, so I can start on this one. Great brush for the money!

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 277
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 275
Last edited:
Mine showed up today. It was in my possession for 1 minute. The wife asked what I had ordered, so I told her I had bought it for her. I then endured a butt chewing till I could get the box open. That's the last I saw of it! :brownie points:

Ryan, if you bought this one, at least you'd have something that matches your clothing. :wink:
Lol, you're buying then...no way I'm plopping down my hard earned money on this. Men don't sport glitter, and I'm not sporting it near any of my man tools (shave kit).

Next it will be pinky up, and spirit fingers while you shave;) [emoji12]

mswofford

Rest in Peace
Mine showed up today. It was in my possession for 1 minute. The wife asked what I had ordered, so I told her I had bought it for her. I then endured a butt chewing till I could get the box open. That's the last I saw of it! :brownie points:
Way to go, Dane!:thumbup1:

I was a little nervous that I wouldn't like it after I read some of the comments on here but I have to say that this brush is totally rad in person! I'm really impressed. Just wish I had the opportunity to buy a gold flake version!

$20140801_074916.jpg

PS I love the fact that it's basically the same brush as my favorite brush in my collection...my Omega 10066...

$20140801_074827.jpg

^^^ the picture on the WCS site doesn't do this Brush any justice. Looks really Matte Grey. In the Light it's Sick!! Glad I ordered it, but if I didn't like it, It'd be on BST/ or a PIF.

^^^ the picture on the WCS site doesn't do this Brush any justice. Looks really Matte Grey. In the Light it's Sick!! Glad I ordered it, but if I didn't like it, It'd be on BST/ or a PIF.

Exactly! I was really impressed with it when I unboxed it on Wednesday. The glitter is fine and dense in the resin. It's not at all like the glitter in those super balls you find in toy vending machines for $.25.

Last edited:
I was a little nervous that I wouldn't like it after I read some of the comments on here but I have to say that this brush is totally rad in person! I'm really impressed. Just wish I had the opportunity to buy a gold flake version!

View attachment 478894

PS I love the fact that it's basically the same brush as my favorite brush in my collection...my Omega 10066...

View attachment 478895

I am interested in your experience between the badger and blade and the 10066.

Wow! I have been on the sidelines awhile and haven't seen some of these B&BEB beauties! I just have two, the original blue and red versions. Oh, that glitter handle!

On the topic of dropping and breaking... I have a tile floor and have dropped mine w/o a problem. Maybe I'm lucky and it landed just right.

After seeing pics of the gold flake and gray glitter... I'm glad I missed out on the gold and bought the glitter. The glitter looks so much nicer to me. The white band on the gold is killing the whole look for me.

Although I bought the glitter to go in a kit I will eventually give to my daughter.

Lol, you're buying then...no way I'm plopping down my hard earned money on this. Men don't sport glitter, and I'm not sporting it near any of my man tools (shave kit).

Next it will be pinky up, and spirit fingers while you shave;) [emoji12]
I was under the impression that men wear glitter proudly when it comes from one of his daughter's projects.

Top Bottom