What's new

Knee Pads for work

My friend

I think the sport is your best bet. It never dawned on me other professions, that would experience this type of chronic injury, such as roofers!
If it is quite a lot, have no idea your age.
1. It is an occupational health issue. For instance roofers are provided these, a better pad at no cost.
Check with you boss.
I go into detail about this, because ling term, not so much needing knee replacements.
But people on their knees that much are prone to NURSE MAIDS KNEE, a term from England. A common injury to the knee is a PPB or SPB.
Long story short, a bursitis of the knww, which is a problem.
They, years ago, noted in nurse maids, this injury.
So if frequently doing this, get guidance from your boss. Or are you a vet?
I recommed a pad.

Nice day
Jimmy

David, coming at this from another direction- is it possible to put some cushioned fatigue mats on the floor of the exam rooms?

David, coming at this from another direction- is it possible to put some cushioned fatigue mats on the floor of the exam rooms?

No not really. The animal rooms have racks which you have too work around. The problem is you have to get down on your knees and more to inspect, remove and replace the cages on the lower levels.

So far I've been using a pair of Volley ball knee pads and I'm quite happy with the results. I'll give them a week to see if there are any negatives like my skin breaking out from using them etc.

Search Pre Patellar BUrsitis, and Supra Patellar bursitis.

Nice day

Holy crap! That is scary.

Now I'm even more happy that I got some knee pads.

About a year ago I bruised my knee at work and it took months before it got back to normal.

Thanks for the information.

David

See your PCP!!!
More information, you also may have an underlying," traumatic" bursitis. After an" injury," the bruise suggests this.
If no swelling, not red will not worry.
But may become chronic, a nice injection of a steroid will get rid of it.
Not the crap that is causing meningitis!!
LOL

Nice day

If the volleyball pads don't work, check a hardware store in the flooring section. The guys who install flooring tend to spend all day kneeling, and their pads are both comfortable and ergonomic.

And if you can't smile at a custom title, you're on the wrong board!

I would say after a long hectic day try to stand on fatigue mats for some time which will you comfort you and helps in removing pain.

anti fatigue mats

Attachments

• $Rubber-Industrial-and-Anti-Fatigue-Mats-by-Mat-World-245994.jpg
    $Rubber-Industrial-and-Anti-Fatigue-Mats-by-Mat-World-245994.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
The fatigue pads are great.He needs Vicodin/Hydrocodone , should knock it out.

Again, have seen this more than you all can ever think.
He has a knee injury, which can cause a chronic, underlying ( Traumatic Bursitis)
Google it.
Simple steroid shot will end this problem!!!!
Or let it linger and continue to get all kinds of advice.
The narcotics will get rid of it, have a glass of red wine before you take the pill.
LOL

Jimmy
NIce day my friends

It's funny how people who are up and down all the time on the floor or whatnot don't always think of these things.
I wouldn't have.
I work a lot in the ceiling and wearing eye protection or breathing protection just isn't the norm.
It really should be, but we just don't do it.

We do have knee pads for when we install labs and even a mechanic's creeper for doing cable work under the tables.
There's no sense in struggling.

OP, now you need a good flashlight!

It's funny how people who are up and down all the time on the floor or whatnot don't always think of these things.
I wouldn't have.
I work a lot in the ceiling and wearing eye protection or breathing protection just isn't the norm.
It really should be, but we just don't do it.

We do have knee pads for when we install labs and even a mechanic's creeper for doing cable work under the tables.
There's no sense in struggling.

OP, now you need a good flashlight!

It is strange how some guys just have this negative attiude towards safety equipment etc.

I'm the only one at work that uses saftey glasses and they help in so many ways.

BTW, the volleyball pads have been working out great.

It is strange how some guys just have this negative attiude towards safety equipment etc.

I'm the only one at work that uses saftey glasses and they help in so many ways.

BTW, the volleyball pads have been working out great.

I grew up working with my dad, who never used safety equipement unless it was absolutely necessary to him....cutting/grinding metal, working around asbestos, sanding/cutting lead paint. Basically his safety equipment list came from personal experiance. If it happened to him, and it hurt enough, he'd wear safety equipment. If it didn't hurt that bad, then just deal with it, on top of common sense w/ stuff like asbestos and lead... It just runs in the family. You do what your father/mentor did before you. Its the norm.
Concequently I am the same way. Never had any issues until going through the fire academy. Safety and Personal Protective Equipment is on no matter how small the job is. Took me a while to get used to wearing all that, especially the gloves. I never used work gloves growing up. Just got callused hands, and dealt with cuts and scrapes. Learning to work in double leather insulated nfpa rated gloves was so hard for me, but I got over it.
Now safety equipment is just second nature...when it's needed. I'll wear a mask in an attic, but I'm not gonna break out the gloves, glasses, etc for every little thing.
In the end, you have to think about what you can get done with and without safety equipment. If it takes you another 5 minutes to go get your safety equipment and you work slower while wearing it (I guarantee everyone loses dexterety in their gloves...) is it really worth losing time on the job when the foreman is breathing down your neck?

That and a lot of guys I know on the job just think whoever wears safety equipment for every little thing are wimps. There's a lot of pride with us blue collar guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom