What's new

GREAT Gift Idea at Costco - Art of Shaving 4 Piece Full Size Kit

I just thought that I would give you guys a heads up for a GREAT gift idea. The Costco that I went to today was selling the unscented Art of Shaving 4 Piece Kits with badger brush, pre-shave oil, shave cream, and after-shave balm (Full-Size) for only $30. These sell everywhere on the internet for $100 plus shipping, so here is your chance to get someone else into the hobby (or just get yourself some more nice stuff) at a bargain. This is what they are selling at the Costco that I went to http://www.amazon.com/Art-Shaving-E..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=02XWCXMHX3R43ENPSGTP

Happy Holidays
David

I checked out the URL link to Amazon and see that they have two 4-element kits, one at $100 and one at $38. The lower price kit seems to have much smaller containers.

I checked out the URL link to Amazon and see that they have two 4-element kits, one at $100 and one at $38. The lower price kit seems to have much smaller containers.

Yes exactly, as I said this is the $100 kit with the larger containers on sale for $29.99. I already purchased 2 (one for my friend and one for myself) and will probably go back for at least one more. I am not sure which stores are stocking this product, but this seems like the type of specialty item that they carry until they are gone and then that is it.

lucky, they probably don't have one around where I am, would you mind picking one up and shipping it to me? I live in cali so shipping should be $10 max.

I got the only one in the store a couple of weeks ago. They had the small kit for a while and it was selling for $10.

I went to all 4 of the Costco's within a 25 mile radius here in Denver. Came home empty handed (minus all the crap my wife accumulated). We need to join forces and overload their customer service phone lines for AOS requests in all states:cursing:

SOUTHERN CALIFORNIAN'S TAKE NOTICE! Anybody close to the Cypress, CA Costco can pick up that full sized kit for 19.97. I got mine tonight and there were at least 15 left. It is the uncented kit with a 2oz Pre-Shave Oil, 5.3oz jar of shaving cream, Pure Badger brush and 4oz After Shave Balm. :w00t:

Is this good stuff? Sure, you can't go too wrong for $20-30, but how good is the brush? I know Costco will kick out some killer deals, but I think maybe their price is just reflecting how badly overpriced this kit is evrywhere else. I don't know about this, I think I would rather keep the Hamilton. :bored:

Is this good stuff? Sure, you can't go too wrong for $20-30, but how good is the brush? I know Costco will kick out some killer deals, but I think maybe their price is just reflecting how badly overpriced this kit is evrywhere else. I don't know about this, I think I would rather keep the Hamilton. :bored:

The brush is pure badger. Good density and on the stiff side. Bigger than the one in the smaller kit. I think the price reflects the desire to get rid of the kits. I can see Costco having the large kits at around $60 but when they hit $20 that means they are clearing the floor.

The brush is pure badger. Good density and on the stiff side. Bigger than the one in the smaller kit. I think the price reflects the desire to get rid of the kits. I can see Costco having the large kits at around $60 but when they hit $20 that means they are clearing the floor.

Dang it :cursing:! Now I will have to check my Costco's tomorrow and see if they have it. I will report back with my findings.

The price reflects the fact that Costco is trying to get rid of the kits because they were not selling well; the products are very high quality and the brush works very well. They are taking a loss on every kit that they sell at this point. Costco priced the kits at $60 at first and then dropped the price from there when they did not sell; I know because I have been using the products for a long time and have been watching their sales performance and pricing at Costco for the last few months.

Nor Cal-- I have bought three so far at the costco in Danville. 20 bucks for the full size kit. Cant be beat.

Last time I was there was 5 days ago and they probably had at least a couple of dozen left (I know because I contemplated buying them all)

Hench

Top Bottom