Ben

Partial cross-post from the "what are you wearing" thread:

Alone:

With blucher mocs:

Then later on that day I changed socks:

Alone:

With blucher mocs:

Last edited:
Raining here, so great day to break out my brand new Alden Indy's in Chromexcel (J Crew version). Only my 2nd time wearing them and already in love.

$FullSizeRender copy.jpg$FullSizeRender.jpg

How do these shoes compare to the Barrie last? These definitely need to be in my collection. (one day :rolleyes:)

They are just a bit snugger than the Barrie last. A little narrower at the widest part of my foot and a little less toe room (height in the toe box). I'd say that the lengths are very similar though.

My best advice is if your Barrie last shoes fit a little on the snug side, go up a half size for the RL Marlow Wingtips compared to the Barrie last. If you have a comfortable/roomy fit on the Barrie last, go with the same size.

I wear size 11 D's in both my Alden PTB's and these, but the Alden PTB's are slightly more comfortable, although they fit snug. I can't wear very thick socks with either pairs of shoes though.

Ben

Last edited:

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Thanks Ben. I wear a 9E in Barrie so I taking into the consideration your assessment that the Marlow runs a bit narrower. I'm thinking 9.5D may be the way to go for the Marlow.

Top Bottom