What's new

Footwear of the Day

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Stacy Adams

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415560072.892094.jpg

Thanks Joel. The Haberdashy forum here on b&b and the Alden thread on styleforum.net enabled me :) The snuff suede boots are so comfortable and require little or no break-in.

I really like the Alden snuff suede. Eventually, the snuff suede chukka will end up in my closet. :yesnod: Enjoy those Indys.

I really like the look, texture and feel of Alden snuff suede. I am not a big chukka fan, but may consider purchasing the plain toe blucher or penny loafer in snuff suede. The Alden addiction is setting in... :)

I really like the look, texture and feel of Alden snuff suede. I am not a big chukka fan, but may consider purchasing the plain toe blucher or penny loafer in snuff suede. The Alden addiction is setting in... :)

I wasn't a chukka fan either. I thought they always looked a little goofy... then I saw a eye meltingly shiny pair of Alden Chukkas in Cigar Shell Cordovan and had to try them on. I walked around, and they felt a little weird/different - but supremely comfortable. I bought them. I now own three pairs of Cordovan Chukkas :lol:

Due to their unique shape - they kind of "wrap" around your feet - you don't really feel the laces. Since they fit in such a unique manner, once you've shaped the footbed to the bottom of your foot (a week or two's use) they become one of your most comfortable pairs of shoes. Don't be afraid of the Chukka... they're awesome. If you're looking for a Cordovan shoe - it's a winner as it shows off the cordovan better. I'm working on a pretty epic long term comparo that will include a pair of Cordovan Alden Chukkas that might be of interest to you. Stay tuned.

I wasn't a chukka fan either. I thought they always looked a little goofy... then I saw a eye meltingly shiny pair of Alden Chukkas in Cigar Shell Cordovan and had to try them on. I walked around, and they felt a little weird/different - but supremely comfortable. I bought them. I now own three pairs of Cordovan Chukkas :lol:

Due to their unique shape - they kind of "wrap" around your feet - you don't really feel the laces. Since they fit in such a unique manner, once you've shaped the footbed to the bottom of your foot (a week or two's use) they become one of your most comfortable pairs of shoes. Don't be afraid of the Chukka... they're awesome. If you're looking for a Cordovan shoe - it's a winner as it shows off the cordovan better. I'm working on a pretty epic long term comparo that will include a pair of Cordovan Alden Chukkas that might be of interest to you. Stay tuned.

Thanks for the info on chukkas Joel. I may have to check them out. Another thing about my shoes...I tend not to buy plain toe shoes. I like cap toe, moc toe, Norwegian front, etc.

After buying the Indy Snuff Suede boots, I am on a suede kick! Out off all the Alden suede shoes I've been looking at, these caught my eye...a nice makeups by Epaulet...

http://epauletnewyork.com/collections/alden/products/alden-for-epaulet-snuff-suede-alt-wien-blucher

Oh my they are sharp looking! I would wear these with business attire and jeans. You think I could pull off wearing these with a suit?

I did most of my boot research on Styleforum. But pretty much only for boots. I don't really follow the clothing styles in most of those websites though.
I'd be interested in your .02. I took delivery on a pair of Whites SD in black cherry water buffalo and thus far I've been dissapointed in the craftsmanship, materials, design and comfort. Every time I put them on my feet, I long for my Alden Indy's.

I'd be interested in your .02. I took delivery on a pair of Whites SD in black cherry water buffalo and thus far I've been dissapointed in the craftsmanship, materials, design and comfort. Every time I put them on my feet, I long for my Alden Indy's.

PM me if you would like to chat. I'd be interested in what you are unhappy with. I've got four pair and out of that I have one pair that had to go back due to some issues and even after they fixed the issues I can see that they just aren't like my other pairs.

Top Bottom