What's new

More love for AE Shoebank

Today, Mr FedEx brought me a box from the Allen Edmonds Shoebank; a pair of AE Amsterdam in "bourbon" and a burgundy pair of Fifth St cordovan boots

When I sent the email asking about inventory, I had no idea that I would get a list of shoes and boots over 300 items long. A bit of sorting in Excel, a few google image searches and some balancing of desires / budget yielded some great footwear at a great price.

I am very happy I dropped an email to [email protected]

Oh my god. So they do have the Amsterdam in bourbon? What price did you pay for it? I am waiting for the next sale to place another order.

I need a wingtip in brown and am debating between the Amsterdam or the Jefferson in brown. Decisions, decisions...

Please post pictures of the Amsterdam and if anyone has the Jefferson please share some shots as well!!!

Last edited:
Yes, that place is a bit of heaven on earth. They are usually quite kind and helpful there too, which is an added bonus.

Oh my god. So they do have the Amsterdam in bourbon? What price did you pay for it? I am waiting for the next sale to place another order.

I need a wingtip in brown and am debating between the Amsterdam or the Jefferson in brown. Decisions, decisions...

Please post pictures of the Amsterdam and if anyone has the Jefferson please share some shots as well!!!

Here is the Amsterdam - all I have is an iPhone camera. These were $209 USD, shipped. They did have Jefferson in 10D, too..........

I will look to do better tomorrow in the daylight

$Amsterdam_1.jpg

Last edited:
Jefferson were $354.00, available in brown, black and walnut

All the inventory information is as of Fri 19-Oct-2012

Wow $350 for the Jefferson, kind of out of my price range lol. I was thinking perhaps seconds on sale might come down to around $250 where I could pay the premium without anyone knowing considering I got a Paypal balance on my account! I think I might just go with the Amsterdam.

Retro, the Amsterdam were some sort of recent limited edition shoe, they never made it to the AE website. They are basically the same shoe as the McAllister but in the new 'bourbon' color. This is really good news for me as I want a wingtip but do not like any of the McAllister colors personally. Hence, it is between the Amsterdam and Jefferson for me most likely.

Oh and by the way, here is a picture that someone on styleforum posted of their Amsterdam shoes just in case anyone has doubts on how great it looks :biggrin1::

proxy.php

Tim you did well!

Last edited:
They were "only" $279.00, shipped.

List price on the AE site was $595.00 and the regular calf go for $335.00, so I did feel these represented a good value

I haven't done it yet, but I have not heard of their shoe bank before. When you email them, I take it they send you an inventory list, but do they send you pics or access to the pics of stock? Or are you taking a chance that there is not a noticeable blemish?

I haven't done it yet, but I have not heard of their shoe bank before. When you email them, I take it they send you an inventory list, but do they send you pics or access to the pics of stock? Or are you taking a chance that there is not a noticeable blemish?

I wouldn't worry too much about blemishes. i have bought two pairs of shoes from them. One had a scuff near the heel & with a polishing it was gone. the other looked like it had been worn a few times around the house & sent back. It had some creasing at the toes. That was all that was wrong with it.

Thanx!!!
Charlie

Yep I got two shoes and I can't find anything wrong with it. Perhaps on one of them their was a scuff mark on the cap toe but with a polish it was gone. I don't think they will send you pictures but I have heard you can ask them for the blemish and they will describe it to you. I only learned of this after I placed my last order so I never got to ask but in the end their were no problems.

Awesome, I will have to check it out. Are the shoebank prices cheaper than the outlet prices, or along the same lines? I have not been, but when I was back home last time I noticed they had an outlet store down in Destin, FL.

Top Bottom