What's new

Just bought a Simpson Chubby 2 in Best LE and a Chubby 2 Manchurian ButterScotch :

Bought these two great brushes - could not resist :001_tt1:

Chubby 2 in Best Hair Limited Edition faux ivory in a turned pattern:
$lechub2b.jpg

Chubby 2 in Manchurian ButterScotch:
$buttch2manch.jpg

Hope they will behave nicely, once I receive them later this week :biggrin1:

Last edited:
Claus, I'd love to see how much you've dropped in brushes over the last few months...it would make me feel much better about myself!

Enjoy them & your whole amazingly awesome collection!

Manchurian butterscotch :001_tt1:

Yeahhh....it's a looker for sure - I really love the deep butterscotch color simpson use in their brushes - but must admit the turned faux ivory also is quite a good looking handle IMHO
I have the same pattern in one of my Rooney Silvertip 3-Band brushes - love that handle too :001_wub:

Claus, I'd love to see how much you've dropped in brushes over the last few months...it would make me feel much better about myself!

Enjoy them & your whole amazingly awesome collection!

I don't dare to think about it - but it's still wayyy less than I spend last year and this year on collecting fragrances (niche as well as designer)
I'm such a guy; once I get into something - I REALLY get into it, same with golf gear, tennis gear, red wines, clothing, HiFi & Surround and computers/smart phones and stuff like that.
Oh the butterscotch....wow! Thanks for the pic.:drool:

You're welcome - though I need to mention that the pics are courtesy of Simpson - since I have yet to receive the brushes.....will take pics once I get them, trust me on that.

I may ask Mark (Simpson/Vulfix owner) if he can make a Chubby 3 in 2-Band ButterScotch - this would be my ultimate dream brush from Simpson, but a lather hog for sure.
I enjoy medium to large brushes, and the Chubby 3 in 2-Band will bloom least of the hair types you can get from them, so that would be the largest I would go in a Chubby 3 - and I also happen to think the current batch of Simpson 2-Band hair is their best hair, still not sure if I think Manchurian is better than 2-band, but it's very very close IMHO
So far I only own the Duke 3 in Manchurian, once I get the Chubby 2 in Manchurian and test that, I feel like I can give a better and more fair comparison between the 2-Band and Manchurian hair from Simpson of current batch.

But the look alone in a Manchurian hair brush with a butterscotch handle is just awesome 10/10 in looks :001_cool: (and maybe even 9.5/10 or 10/10 in performance....let's see)

Oh agree on looks - the Shavemac 167 we were talking about with the black handle and 2 band hair LOOKED divine - but the butterscotch 2 band is just sexy.

I just checked the Simpsons site to look at the "exotics" - the prices....:scared:

TBH Claus I ALMOST got the Classic 1 in Manchurian from Simpsons off their own site but they were out of stock....

I think they still have the Duke 3 Manchurian ButterScotch in stock !
HURRY UP !!! :drool:

I recently recieved a Duke 3 in Manchurian in Butterscotch and can confirm that it is a fantastic brush, for me it's just the right size, not too big, not too small and perfect for face lathering. A great companion for my Classic in Manchurian, Chubby 1 in best and PJ 2 in Super.

Top Bottom