What's new

Edwin Jagger razors what's the verdict?

A pretty razor on the mild end of the spectrum, less mild than a tech though.
I like the look, it is the razor that my friend (whom I converted) purchased and he has used it exclusively.
I have one that I use infrequently, usually with a somewhat sharp blade like an Astra or Shark.

Do not you find the corners of the head too sharp and scratchy? Why would not Jagger round them up a bit? A rhetorical question, I guess...

I just used Mine Today, with a Feather blade and 2012 "NEW STYLE" Thicker Weber Classic Polished Handle, What an awesome Shave, and that my friend is what its all about, The shave :biggrin1:

I know there not made of brass but i have had mine for close to two years now and it still looks new. I just like to replace the handles to heavier ones and prefer Solid Stainless Steal Handles.

Most Brass Razors dont survive a fall without some sort of defect, TTO will usally fall out of alignment, Open combs will have bent teeth if dropped :scared:. Just treat your EJ with care and it should last you a life time :thumbup:

The plating is so thick and well polished I would not worry about the core.

If you take care of it, there is no reason why it won't last well beyond your lifetime. If problems do occur, replating can be an option if it eventually becomes a collector or heirloom object for someone.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe zamak can be replated. If I'm wrong, please tell me who replates it.

Along with many, many others the DE89 is my benchmark razor.
It is what I tested all my 25 or so blade varieties with. That says it all.

Top Bottom