What's new

Cary Grant's shaving kit

Considering what the man did for a living I'd be willing to bet it's more his makeup kit then a shaving kit. Very cool never the less.
It is my understanding that he didn't wear makeup in his movies. Can't vouch for the older B&W films, but in high-quality color versions like "To Catch a Thief" and "North by Northwest" it doesn't look like he's wearing any.

it would be interesting to know if tmurzz knows of Marilyn Monroe ? tmurzz , I'm old enough to be your grandfather and I know who Kurt Cobain was - you need to stretch your knowledge base .

Of course, Kurt Cobain was also dead before TMurrz was out of diapers. Good lord, where does the time go? :blink:

Seriously, though, for those of you who have never seen Cary Grant, you're missing out on some really great cinema. You owe it to yourselves to throw some of his films on your Netflix list, or whatever it is you youngsters do to watch movies these days.

It is my understanding that he didn't wear makeup in his movies. Can't vouch for the older B&W films, but in high-quality color versions like "To Catch a Thief" and "North by Northwest" it doesn't look like he's wearing any.

That could be a sign of a great make-up artist.

I'd have to say it's false that he didn't wear makeup and agree ZackP. If you can tell he's wearing makeup it wasn't done very well.

My friend you are in for a treat. You've obviously never seen a Cary Grant film and you can now start watching one of the greatest actors Hollywood ever produced. He's hilarious in the screwball comedies of the 1930's onward, and he's brilliant in the Hitchcock films he did with one of the best performances in North by Northwest.

In North by Northwest Cary Grant wore the most famous men's suit of all time, as voted by GQ magazine. The suit is actually known as "The Suit" and many many many tailors have tried their hand to copy it for the clients.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qk0GbTMMbP0

There's a great article about The Suit at http://clothesonfilm.com/cary-grant-grey-kilgour-suit-in-north-by-northwest-1959/844/

it would be interesting to know if tmurzz knows of Marilyn Monroe ? tmurzz , I'm old enough to be your grandfather and I know who Kurt Cobain was - you need to stretch your knowledge base .

And yes I do know who Marilyn is lol...can't say I've ever listened to kurt cobain either ahahaa.

Top Bottom