What's new

Muhle "Retro Series"

The loft of one of the Pistacchios has been confirmed at Gutrasier as 56 mm, and very dense.

The pictures show a fantastic brush!

$12534499bs.jpg

(Quote from member StCyrien on http://www.gut-rasiert.de/forum/index.php/topic,13764.0/prev_next,next.html#new)

@Merkur 25

i believe the mühle retro can be purchased from mühles website for € 100 including shipping costs - but you are responsible for any duties and import sales tax to usa[FONT=Lato, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif].[/FONT]​

I dont see that price. All I see is the brush priced for $198....

Send me a link for the 100euro price. I dont believe we pay import taxes in the US, at least I never have.

@Merkur 25

i am terribly sorry - i did not realize one ought to select 'deutschland/japan/northe america (usa + canada)/all other countries' before ordering. i never did when i placed my order (to norway) :a6:

Just got mine a month ago and it is amazing. I bought a 2nd one since they should be scarce at 500 each color. Highly recommend.

I'll see what I can do to get more information. It's after business hours in Germany right now, so I may not have any new information until Monday.

I got Neumans last "Blue" one and I got my "Butterscotch" one from Shaving i.e. ( in Ireland). The "Blue" one arrived today. I notice that it's knot diameter seems just slightly wider than the "Butterscotch" one. Not sure why. May be just a variable in production. I cannot say it enough....these are GREAT brushes!!!!

looks really great! according to christian müller the retro brushes are limited to about 500 per color and are completely handmade in-house at mühle in germany and the lovely hair used for the bundles is unbleached silvertip badger hair.

Last edited:
I snagged a blue one of these back when they came out. It's a definite looker, and a keeper.

I thought I would use it with creams. It's absolutely great with soaps though. A big luxurious wall of badger, not in the least lacking in backbone, but extremely soft at the tips.

Overall, its the brush I can most imagine passing on to my son, for the handle alone.

You will love it. It's the best brush I've ever used. I just wish Muhle would do a "2nd Wave" in the Retro series , with more colors. Any chance, I wonder?

Last edited:
I have a Blue from when they initially came out. I have to say that I disagree, I think they do lack backbone. Its kind of floppy really although with such a high loft that seems inevitable. I realise its subjective, depends on what you are comparing it to and personal preference. That is not to say I don't use it now and again. I did try to sell it on eBay about 5 months ago with a starting price £30 and got no bids.

Top Bottom