What's new

Muhle "Retro Series"

Wow! Very impressive! That light blue and black is a beauty and so is the navy and white, both from the retro series!
Who said DE is a niche market when there are companies such as Muhle paying designers to make ultra-cool retro brushes for all us shaving cognosinti?!!!

Which one looked the better to you ?

How may of them have a black foot and not brown one ?

I liked the blue one with the black foot, because blue is not a very traditional brush color.
I think Christian only had few of them out, and said there was more in the series, I cannot recall how many had a black foot sorry.

The brushes look nice, but I'm going to have to wait for some reviews. I've like the softness of the Muhle silvertip brush I had in the Stylo series. The handle also had excellent weight, but the longer loft left me with a floppy brush. If these new styles have denser knots and/or less loft, then they might be worth a try.

€115 for the Silvertip models seems pretty moderate doesn't it :001_cool:
This from the guy who can open his own brush museum :biggrin1:

But seriously....it's not THAT bad compared to, say, Simpsons' prices for special editions but it is higher than I've ever paid for a brush. I'll wait and see what the Silvertip Fibre version 2 is like and if it gets good reviews, I might got one of the "retro series" filled with that. After all, I have a soft spot for Muhle. They're my favorite shaving company.

Heldenlounge.de (type "retro" in the search (suchen) field) has three, the butterscotch seems to be missing. Describes them as 25mm knot but it does not say what the loft is.

Ordered the faux ivory on 15th of november. Allready have a trackingnumber. Will keep you informed soon! Any links to the german boards where these brushes are discussed?

I have the Muhle brush in rose gold. It's very scratchy and sparse for the price. My expectations are not high for Muhle brushes based on my single experience.

The german link is unable to open for non registered or new users. Is is located on a closed part of the forums or is it a bad link? I'm very impressed by the looks of this "Pinsel" ;)

Sorry, guess it is for registered users only, didn't think of that. The pictures weren't stellar so you're not really missing out.

The discussions there on this "Pinsel" are mostly along the lines of is the loft to high or not. In my personal opinion and for my preferences it is. 24x50 and I'd be seriously tempted.

Top Bottom