What's new

Coconut Shaving cream

I was looking to get "a" coconut shaving cream to use in my rotation and wondering would you get GFT's or TOBS? Is GFT'S that good to justify spending the extra when you could buy two TOBS tubs for less than one of GFT'S?

Not what your asking, but Mike's has coconut now

mikes is a soap, and it's not a pure coconut scent, it's almost chocolate coconut, it even looks like chocolate (it's brown). i was really put off by it at 1st, but it's growing on me, but by no means would i call it a straight up coconut (it's marketed as Vanilla coconut and I think the vanilla portion is too strong in it), but it is a solid performer.

now on to the Soft Creams, like you were asking about.

i have GFT coconut cream and it's one of my top 3 all time soaps/creams. along with MdC and CF. it is my favorite soft cream, by a long shot. from scent to performance, worth $30 shipped. i always put it in my top 3 products, it is that good.

the TOBS, i have only smelled. it smelled like play-doh to me, not a good coconut scent to my nose, it won't be one i'll be looking to add to my den. TOBS are good performers, but I would choose the GFT any day of the week.

Last edited:
I was lucky enough to have both of these creams on my counter at the same time... I shaved with a combo of them for three days to compare and promptly sold the....

TRUMPERS!

Yep, for my personal mileage, I loved the TOBS more, even if their prices were reversed. Their scents are different from one another so I'd personally recommend swinging by Garry's sample shop and trying a few shaves of each before investing either way :thumbup:

Good luck!

Went with GFT's. Hopefully I will not be disappointed.

Brucered was a good spokesman for their brand and convincing :thumbup:

Last edited:
Went with GFT's. Hopefully I will not be disappointed.

Brucered was a good spokesman for their brand and convincing :thumbup:

don't hold me accountable if you don't like it, but if you do love it, i will accept the credit :001_cool:

honesty, i don't think you will be disappointed. from scent to performance to post shave feel, it has it all in my book.

i wish the other GFT creams were the same quality, but i hear the coconut is a notch (or more) above the other scents in the line.

I have been trying to keep myself from buying more shaving stuff as I really have enough. But I got a half full tub or so of Coconut Trumper's off the BST and I love it. I like it so much I am getting pretty low and I'm dreading the day I finish it. $30 is pretty steep for the cream, I might have to watch the BST like a hawk for it! It is just about the only cream I use, I have Proraso but I'm not a huge fan of menthol. The coconut scent is just awesome.

Okay I made a recent purchase and added a tub of TOBS coconut to compare. Used it this morning and not knocking TOBS but I definitely prefer GFT's, which in my opinion smells much better. So if you are trying to decide and straddling the fence over these two brands fall over on the GFT side.

I fell. I received the GFT Coconut and love it. Nice scent and slick as....anyway. I love the stuff and highly recommend it. A little more expensive but well worth the price.

I was looking to get "a" coconut shaving cream to use in my rotation and wondering would you get GFT's or TOBS? Is GFT'S that good to justify spending the extra when you could buy two TOBS tubs for less than one of GFT'S?

Yes Tauntman, Trumpers Coconut is that good. I have the TOB Coconut also now and after using it for several weeks,I must say the Trumpers is undoubtedly superior.In fact,I put the Trumpers Coconut amongst my top 3 creams of all. Great stuff,IMO !

Craig

I only know the Trumpers Coconut and after a few uses was not really signed up to to the hype. I tried face lathering it today though and had a much better experience with it. It certainly has good moisturising properties. For me, it has jumped above body shop and Truefitt 1805 on my list of creams but still has a good few ahead of it.

Queen Charlotte Soaps finally has released a coconut scent. I had a sample of it a little while ago and it smelled wonderful! GFT coconut oil shaving soap is great, but tends to go really fast and is very expensive. You'll get amazing performance from QCS for about half of what the GFT costs, and it will last way longer.

Queen Charlotte Soaps finally has released a coconut scent. I had a sample of it a little while ago and it smelled wonderful! GFT coconut oil shaving soap is great, but tends to go really fast and is very expensive. You'll get amazing performance from QCS for about half of what the GFT costs, and it will last way longer.

Creams
GFT is $30/200ml shipped to CAD
QCS is $22/150ml shipped to CAD

not much of a difference if you ask me. Nothing against either, I love both GFT Coconut and QCS as a whole.

As tempted as I am to get the QCS Coconut, I have yet to smell a coconut that comes even close to the quality of the scent from GFT. i have smelled the old version MW, New version MW, Mikes and TOBS. They are either synthetic, playdohy or mixed with vanillla to give them chocolate scents.

I also find my GFT lasts a long time. I use it in rotation and find a little goes a long way to making a great lather.

Creams
GFT is $30/200ml shipped to CAD
QCS is $22/150ml shipped to CAD

not much of a difference if you ask me. Nothing against either, I love both GFT Coconut and QCS as a whole.

As tempted as I am to get the QCS Coconut, I have yet to smell a coconut that comes even close to the quality of the scent from GFT. i have smelled the old version MW, New version MW, Mikes and TOBS. They are either synthetic, playdohy or mixed with vanillla to give them chocolate scents.

I also find my GFT lasts a long time. I use it in rotation and find a little goes a long way to making a great lather.

I didnt realize the QCS was that expensive. Still think it will last a lot longer than the GFT cream. It's way too easy to use too much of the GFT cream given it's consistency in the tub. I like it and think it performs really well, but wouldn't spend $30 on it again.

Top Bottom