What's new

French Green Clay

French Green Clay is great stuff, but it's not the strongest clay out there in terms of suction. IMO it's more a balancing clay. It's better in terms of maintenance, still very good stuff.

Well I used the French Green Clay this morning. It feels good but not UNUSUAL. NO REDNESS. I mixed it with Thayers medicated. Rinsed it off in the shower applied Thayers and then my bootleg mix (100% Shea Butter, 99% Aloe Vera, 2 drops Tea Tree Green Oil). Feels OK.

Anybody have input on the French Green Clay mixture ? Is mixing with Thayers OK ?

French Green Clay is great stuff, but it's not the strongest clay out there in terms of suction. IMO it's more a balancing clay. It's better in terms of maintenance, still very good stuff.

What's the strongest clay out there in terms of suction? I thought French Green Clay was it... there's something MORE intense than that?

Is the best time to apply the mask after a hot shower ?

I'd say you could apply it nearly any time, but NOT before a shave. I made the mistake of this and ended up with a very rough shave due to my face being too dry.

As far as what you can mix with it, I think just about anything would do. I sometimes use water and still get great results. I believe that Joel mentioned the best is apple cider vinegar, hopefully someone will chime in and verify that.

QED sells the French Green Clay: http://www.qedusa.com

Look under "Other fabulous toiletries..." on the left hand side menu. There are a few other online purveyors as well, I think that Mountain Rose Herbs sells it as well as other cosmetic clays.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
Whole Foods also cells a nice size container of French Green Clay for a reasonable price.

What ive found at wholefoods is WAY to expensive compared to charles at QED.

CHarles offers 1lb for basically 9 bucks.

I use it in the evening after gently washing my face. That's in between two morning shaves, so my face has time to recover. I feel the QED French green clay is marvelous. It feels like my face is in a vice and it is wonderfully cleansing. Leaves my face feeling great. I mix it with a variety of things, and yes, Thayer's is one of them. Seems to work fine.

mothernature.com sells a good green clay. Aztec or something brand. I like it. Mixing with water, water and rose hydrosol or water and diluted rose EO have all worked well for me. Apple cider vinegar I think is the classic mix with water, but I haven't found any and don't know why it's the classic mix.

A few of us do that. I also use peppermint hydrosol and the Lemon Verbena Hydrosol. I use green clay every day now, makes my face feel buttery soft. I need to try some of the Fullers Earth clay. I want a deep deep cleaning, oily skin here and I work next to a concrete plant, very clean conditions.

That's what I use. I think Charles recommends the Da Vinci water along with the French Green clay.

Someone posted a hilarious pictorial thread about it a while back, but I can't for the life of me remember who it was.

Something about a guy in a fuzzy robe with a towel wrapped around his head is just plain funny.

Top Bottom