What's new

Fatip Grande [Chrome] Review

:thumbup:
I want a nickel and a gold in the future, gold will not rust, not even a bit, so that will be my back up only to be used on special days.
Enjoy your great razor!

I love my Nickel piccolo - it looks like it should be a daily razor and can take a beating. They aren't the fancies out there, but my FaTip get's equal use as my LC New and R41. It CANNOT be beat for the price, and when paired with an upgraded handle like Tradere or Bulldog, it's near perfection. The R41, IS perfection.

A superb razor! I pondered on it for months as I feared nothing could come close to my R41 (2011) and I'm so glad I pulled the trigger. It looks beautiful, it's shaves like a dream.
I had an amazing BSS last night loaded with a Polsilver S.I. blade. So close, I looked like I did when I was 13!

Here is a test shave I did with it last month.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gN4mvefRmIg&feature=plcp

Last edited:
i got my fatip grande today and the shave was GREAT (used a red personna blade).
used some Gft eucris sample cream and a musgo splash afterwards.

i feel like a million bux.

i highly recommend this fatip razor for the shave...didnt like the fit and finish as much as my Jagger and wasnt a fan of the hollow handle....but the shave was terriffic.

What blade did you use? I've been experimenting since I got the Fatip. Blade selection seems to have a greater impact than with the DE89.

Used a Polisilver SI. That and the Voshkods have been best so far.... there are lots from a sampler I haven't gotten to. I find with the DE89 they've all been pretty good. My technique has gotten better and mattered a lot more with that one, for sure.

A brief followup to my comparisons between the Fatip OC and the Cadet OC (TP01)...
Yesterday I shaved with the Fatip (with a Lord SP blade). It is a wonderful shave. I really like it with a Personna Med (blue). It is aggressive, yes, but remarkably smooth.
On the other hand...this morning I shaved with my Cadet + Personna Blue. The Cadet is also aggressive...so much so that I sliced myself open right under the nose. The last time I did that was with a straight razor when accidently sliding it horizontally. So, for today, Cadet = Sweeney Todd. I've never done this with the Fatip nor with my Tradere OC. As always, YMMV.

More Fatip review thoughts:
Yesterday I decided to go all Italian and used a Bolzano Superinox in my Fatip Grande. This razor's character really shows with this combination. I really like how it shaves in general, and found it to perform admirably with a Lord SP, Astra SP, and Personna Blue. With the Bolzano, it remains smooth but it's agressive nature becomes much more noticeable. What a great shave! I decided to lay off of the Cadet after my incident described above. Instead I'm going to experiment with the Tradere OC and the Fatip for awhile, rotating a bunch of brands to see how they perform. Two days ago, I got a very comfortable 2 pass shave with the Tradere with a Gillette Silver Blue.

Top Bottom