What's new

RazoRock "Jaws" OC

Bring on the R41 comparisons. I want an R41 but sure don't need it. Maybe this is a good sub?

IMO, an open comb and an R41 are different animals. Both aggressive yes, but the R41 is more so than the average OC. Personally I think if you haven't tried anything on the aggressive side before, don't go to the R41 first! So I guess the answer to your question would be, it's not a substitute but a good next step before an R41.

It does look similar to the FaTip head. I think the handle looks way more comfortable than any of the FaTip offerings though.

Mine was waiting when I got home, along with a few other goodies.

As I shaved this morning I've decided to wait until tomorrow to give her a run out. I could shave now, but I wouldn't enjoy it as much I don't think!

Attachments

• $photo.jpg
    $photo.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 360
Mine was waiting when I got home, along with a few other goodies.

As I shaved this morning I've decided to wait until tomorrow to give her a run out. I could shave now, but I wouldn't enjoy it as much I don't think!
Hey Brian: Let us know your review of the razor. You got some great stuff there.

WARHAWK

I gave it a run out this morning with the Cumba Cheech soap from RR and a new Polsilver blade (never tried them before).

It's a noisy razor, but coupled with this blade it was super smooth. 3 passes, WTG, then XTG out-in and in-out and pretty much BBS and no cuts or irritation. I look forward to using this razor a lot more in the future.

I definitely recommend this razor, and at these prices you're more than likely getting a razor that will last for life.

Let me know if you get the same results Brian.

I shaved last night and it's been almost 24 hrs and the stubble is just starting to show up. I am definitely liking "Jaws".

Brad

Let me know if you get the same results Brian.

I shaved last night and it's been almost 24 hrs and the stubble is just starting to show up. I am definitely liking "Jaws".

Brad

Hey Brad,
I've had two shaves with Jaws and I really like it. I find it nicely weighted and a pleasure to use. 3 passes (haven't tried ATG but I very, very, rarely do) and pretty much BBS. 24 hours after my previous shave there didn't feel like that much stubble. A very close shave!

I was using a Razorock Jaws for a couple of years and I was very satisfied with it.
Yesterday while I was cleaning it the screw broke off (I did not even over tighten it).
Looking at the material it seems some kind of alloy that was well finished but it seems that it's not as heavy-duty as my old brass-made Gillette open-comb. I guess the cheap material explains it's good price.
I could just replace the head but I don't want to buy a new one with the same quality. Does anyone produces chromed brass razors anymore? Until I find a good replacement I will use the Razorock handle and the middle-part with my Gillette old-type head (I had no handle for that).

I was using a Razorock Jaws for a couple of years and I was very satisfied with it.
Yesterday while I was cleaning it the screw broke off (I did not even over tighten it).
Looking at the material it seems some kind of alloy that was well finished but it seems that it's not as heavy-duty as my old brass-made Gillette open-comb. I guess the cheap material explains it's good price.
I could just replace the head but I don't want to buy a new one with the same quality. Does anyone produces chromed brass razors anymore? Until I find a good replacement I will use the Razorock handle and the middle-part with my Gillette old-type head (I had no handle for that).

The new jaws is a completely different razor, the early one, like the one in the OP, was supplied by Pearl. You and I have the early one, and I too, have replaced the top cap with a Gillette OLD cap. I also shortened the handle to 3 inches. It works great with the OLD cap, that is currently what I am shaving with.

I also have a Fatip Piccolo and it is a fantastic shaver! If you like the Jaws, you will love the Piccolo! It's all brass, solid handle too, and at a great price.

http://www.maggardrazors.com/product/fatip-piccolo-open-comb-razor-nickel-finish/

Top Bottom