What's new

New Monitor......Help

I recently bought a 24 inch monitor and I'm really happy with it. However, there is one small issue.

I'm now running dual monitors, and at times when I'm on the 24 inch monitor the cursor gets "stuck", for lack of a better term. That is not to say the cursor won't move, but rather the icon gets reversed. For example, when I hover on a link it's not the pointer hand as it should be, but the arrow. Then, when I move off of the link, it changes to a hand. When I move over to my 17 inch monitor there is no problem at all, and the cursors work normally.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

There are two things I would look for.
First, is there a specialized mouse application running? Many of the multi button mice come with an application that allows the additional buttons to be programmed. Unfortunately most of them also monkey around with cursors and create all sorts of havoc.

Second, check for updated video card drivers. I don't really think this is the problem but dual monitor support is heavily influenced by the video card drivers.

Some more questions...
Is this XP, Vista, Lunix or Mac?
Do you have two independent video cards or one dual head card?

I have one video card. An Nvidia 8600GT. And I'm running Windows XP. It does have something to do with the video card, that's for certain. I went into the Nvidia setup, and was able to choose the two displays I am running. I switched the order they appeared in the box, and now the cursor works fine on my 24 inch monitor, but has the same "sticking" problem on my 17 inch.

The search continues....

Top Bottom