What's new

Is there a good Thermos for $30 or less?

I have a Thermos Stainless King 16oz travel mug and I love it! I can't speak for the larger containers, but the item I have keeps my coffee hot for hours. It's great in the fall/winter months!

I have cleaned many stainless steel thermoses from estate and garage sales (I collect them). Put about a tablespoon of baking soda into the thermos and then fill it with boiling water. Let it sit for about 30 minutes. This will loosen up the old coffee oil that collects on the interior, then wash with a bottle brush and dish soap. If there is still gunk then repeat the process. I have in extreme cases used either salt (1/2 cup) or sand with water as an abrasive slurry to remove old crud stuck on the interior. You should also test the thermal efficiency by filling with boiling water to see how long it will keep your drink hot. If the exterior gets hot, the vacuum seal is shot.

Stanley has a lifetime warranty and they have honored it on bottles that I've bought at garage sales.

I have always used Green Stanley bottles, but they are now made in China and of much, much lower quality. When they fail (not IF, but WHEN) do not hesitate to contact them; they will replace it without question. The 1 litre bottle that I bought 2 years ago has been replaced 3 times so far._

imagejpeg
I use these for ice fishing and upland huning here in Minnesnowta all the time - have for years. I just hit Google shopping and am seeing plenty of purchase options in the $25-45 range. I would not hesitate to recommend these - when Pre-heated as suggested by others, I have run 12 hours and still hot!

I was wondering about thermoses I have had four or five steel mugs and a thermos all leak like a sieve after a few months.

thinking about picking up a 1 ltr Stanley but can't decide on whether to go with the Classic or Outdoor. Funny how they don't offer us Europeans lifetime guarantee, we only get 15 years i think... maybe that's considered a lifetime over here?

Legion

Staff member
thinking about picking up a 1 ltr Stanley but can't decide on whether to go with the Classic or Outdoor. Funny how they don't offer us Europeans lifetime guarantee, we only get 15 years i think... maybe that's considered a lifetime over here?

Bovril voids any warranty.

I've had good luck with Nissan products in terms of coffee mugs, but haven't tried their larger sized thermoses. Check them out on Amazon. Great reviews and great pricing.

Top Bottom