What's new

Timex Weekender thoughts?

I'm wearing a Weekender as I type this -- black face, classic military numbering, no date, which keeps it clasically clean. The nylon band that comes with it is on the short side ... I don't have massive wrists by any stretch, and I'm on the next-to-last hole. I occasionally sub other NATO bands that I bought on clearance at American Eagle and those fit well.

I found mine on a Groupon or Living Social deal someone posted on another site and bought mine for $18.01 delivered (including Texas sales tax). It was a great deal in every sense of the word.

I don't wear quartz watches any more but I wore a Timexfor YEARS. It was before they came out with the weekender series. It was more of a dress style but I really bonded with it. I LOVE the indiglo feature. Thats the biggest thing I miss about wearing quartz watches.

I didn't pull the trigger on the weekender. I did pull the trigger on 4 new straps from crownandbuckle.com for my Seiko SKX007 instead. That's what I liked about the weekender anyways. The straps I bought:

Leather NATO
Black NATO
Brown NATO
Orange HD NATO

Pics to follow.

Has anyone ever ordered from crownandbuckle.com?

Here's a pic of the leather NATO I ordered on a Breitling:
$lnato-rouille-22-04.jpg

Last edited:
Enjoy your new watch, Sieko makes some good time pieces as well. I have not ordered from crown and buckle, but hear nothing but good things.

Yeah my 007 has been with me for about 5 years now and I have never had a single problem with it. I also have been looking at the Orient Bambino for a new purchase. I love Japanese watches!
Enjoy your new watch, Sieko makes some good time pieces as well. I have not ordered from crown and buckle, but hear nothing but good things.

I don't wear quartz watches any more but I wore a Timexfor YEARS. It was before they came out with the weekender series. It was more of a dress style but I really bonded with it. I LOVE the indiglo feature. Thats the biggest thing I miss about wearing quartz watches.
I have my daily beaters but when I really need a beater (working around the property on a tractor and using a chainsaw or something) I have a Timex. And like you said, Love that Indiglo. Why don't more quartz watches have it? Or something like it. Better at night than any multi thousand dollar watch I have.

My 4 NATO straps from C&B came in and I am very impressed. 1 leather, one "HD", and two standard ones. I do recommend C&B and all their watch bands and straps are under $50.
$2012-10-26 13.07.18.jpg

My 4 NATO straps from C&B came in and I am very impressed. 1 leather, one "HD", and two standard ones. I do recommend C&B and all their watch bands and straps are under $50.

Is the HD strap material thicker? The hardware is obviously beefier.

The HD straps are 1.6mm compared to the 1.25 mm thickness of the standard C&B NATO strap. The straps are also stitched together instead of being ultrasonically welded. The hardware is as you noticed much stronger and the nylon weave is different.

Whoa! That was way more info than I was expecting. Thanks, Jeremy! I have an Amazon gift card and have wanted a Timex Weekender for a while, this thread with all the good looking NATO bands have pushed me over the edge.

Top Bottom