What's new

New President and Cavalier Set ?

Did the New president ever come in a presentation like this ? Or were these presentation Only around till the Mid 1920's ? I see the New President was around in the 30's

Original Soap and Brush included, I didn't want to open the soap canister because when i did the soap seems Fragile.

Attachments

• $DSC01927.jpg
    $DSC01927.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 933
  • $DSC01928.jpg
    $DSC01928.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 494
  • $DSC01929.jpg
    $DSC01929.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 492
  • $DSC01930.jpg
    $DSC01930.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 488
  • $DSC01926.jpg
    $DSC01926.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 484
Last edited:
You want to know if the New President came without a set? Gillette made the President set for the luxury market that was serial numbered ( a continuation of the Old Traveler series) The NEW DELUXE PRESIDENT set has 10 Kroman steel blades, brush, soap in a 24 karat gold plated case containers. Leather case with pruple velvet and satin lining.

Last edited:
I want to say yes, it came in a case a lot like that, but I can't seem to find a picture of a complete set.
Krumholtz on page 215 has a picture titled NEW President, and it has a case like that, but the razor with it appears to be something else. It has an engraved cap, but the handle appears to be the standard diamond pattern handle... and with all of the other errors in the book, I just can't recommend it as a reliable ID guide.

You want to know if the New President came without a set? Gillette made the President set for the luxury market that was serial numbered ( a continuation of the Old Traveler series) The NEW DELUXE PRESIDENT set has 10 Kroman steel blades, brush, soap in a 24 karat gold plated case containers. Leather case with pruple velvet and satin lining.
Thanks for that info Alex, If you can post a pictire that would be great :eek:)

Thats a great looker. Are you going to use it?
I may give it a Test drive ;o)

That's gorgeous...would you mind sharing with us where or how you got this set?
I got the Cavalier Set "No Razor" off a member on here that is selling his collection on Ebay, his name starts with the letters Ver cant remember off the top of my head. The Razor is a strange story, A friend of mine went to a garage sale in Far Rockaway NY, He told me that he walked by early in the morning and saw an older lady with some items on a Table, Then he notice a Really Nice Razor and thought of me, Called me up and said it was a nice Razor with lots of design on it and it felt Solid in heft, Then asked me if i was interested in it since he missed my Birthday, So i said sure. I Really didnt expect much and didnt see him till a month after he made the purchase, When i saw it for the first time i was like Wow, This is a cavalier , but then after more research and visiting mr razor site i discoverd it was a New President, So i placed it into my Cavalier set and it looked like a match made in heaven, and this is why i asked if the New President ever came in a set like the Cavalier :eek:)

I want to say yes, it came in a case a lot like that, but I can't seem to find a picture of a complete set.
Krumholtz on page 215 has a picture titled NEW President, and it has a case like that, but the razor with it appears to be something else. It has an engraved cap, but the handle appears to be the standard diamond pattern handle... and with all of the other errors in the book, I just can't recommend it as a reliable ID guide.
Thanks Amish, I have the book so im going.to look into it, Thanks again :eek:)

Last edited:
Based on the components, I would imagine that to be the correct style of case. The only difference I see between the NEW De Luxe President and the NEW De Luxe Aristocrat is the design of the scroll work on the pieces.

Pretty awesome find.

proxy.php

Based on the components, I would imagine that to be the correct style of case. The only difference I see between the NEW De Luxe President and the NEW De Luxe Aristocrat is the design of the scroll work on the pieces.

Pretty awesome find.
Thanks for the pic Ras. Your right the only difference in both sets are the design, seems the Cacalier set is a little more Dressed up when it comes to the Art Deco. But the Razors look the same.

The New President design Matches Perfect with the Cavalier set :eek:) its like they were made to be together?

Thanks for the pic Ras. Your right the only difference in both sets are the design, seems the Cacalier set is a little more Dressed up when it comes to the Art Deco. But the Razors look the same.

The New President design Matches Perfect with the Cavalier set :eek:) its like they were made to be together?

You meant Aristocrat instead of Cavalier, right? The Cavalier was not quite as ornate, and I think it only came as a New Improved and not a NEW De Luxe. That style of case was used for a lot of different sets, so naturally the pieces fit like a glove since the size of the razors, blade cases, and soap and brush canisters were standardized.

That case and set are mismatched, but that's the damn best looking mismatch I have ever laid eyes on. :wink:

You meant Aristocrat instead of Cavalier, right? The Cavalier was not quite as ornate, and I think it only came as a New Improved and not a NEW De Luxe. That style of case was used for a lot of different sets, so naturally the pieces fit like a glove since the size of the razors, blade cases, and soap and brush canisters were standardized.

That case and set are mismatched, but that's the damn best looking mismatch I have ever laid eyes on. :wink:
No i meant the Cavalier Set is more Ornate to me, as more Deco is covering about 90% of the Cannisters then the Aristocrat set which are only covered about 50%. Also what i meant is that the set was a very close perfect match when placed in Cavalier Set "Not Size" and your right these sets were a standard size.

Thanks for the compliment, This is a great lookimg Mismatch Set :eek:)

As far as I can tell, the switch from New Improved to NEW DeLuxe lines up the Cavalier (New Improved) with the President (NEW DeLuxe), and the De Luxe (New Improved) with the Aristocrat (NEW DeLuxe). I'm not aware of anyone having an ad or catalog page for the NEW DeLuxe President, but the Aristocrat kept the De Luxe's $75 price point, so it seems logical that the President might have taken the Cavalier's $25 spot.

As for the case, the President would have come in that same sort of traveler case, and I would expect that it would have had the same large diamond logo in the headliner without the "Known the world over" tagline or set name, like the Aristocrat's in the ad above. That seems to parallel the other smaller cases' changes from the New Improved to NEW DeLuxe era, too.

Top Bottom