What's new

Pet Photos

Our standard poodle, Lucy, right before we moved to AZ.

$Lucy May 13.jpg

This is Brandy the half boxer and Houie aka Kitty. Currently in talks with the wife and the vet about whether "it's time" for Kitty.
$image_3.jpg

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
This is my Wisenheimer Balou (Wisenheimer in his case is a careful mix of Newfoundlander and Labrador retriever). He is a rescue dog we've had for 3 months. Wonderful guy.
$Mr. Balou.jpg

Here is my little girl hallie. This is when she was 10 weeks old. She is now 10 months old.

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1422153335819.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1422153335819.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 78
Man, Dobermans look so freaking awesome with unaltered ears.

What a beautiful dog.

Thanks my friend. It's actually illegal for vets in Nova Scotia to crop or dock dogs. as a family pet there was no need to get his ears done but his tail is, as they commonly break.

There are studies out there on dobermans and other dogs where they test hearing. Dogs with uncropped ears can dial in to a sound within 20 degrees, dobies that are cropped can dial it down to 5 degrees. Dogs with longer ears are also more prone to injury when employed with police or military units and are less likely to complete their job if injured.

Again, no point as a family pet. I actually get so many comments from people saying that it really makes them look friendlier and less intimidating.

With that all said, I'll never have another breed. I know he'll protect me, my wife and two boys if he ever needed to and is good enough with my boys that my 3 year old can ride him like a horse when he's on the couch and loves when my little guy wraps blankets around him and wrestles with him.

Top Bottom