What's new

Pet Photos

$image.jpg

My boy. Italian Greyhound Chihuahua mix.

Australian Cattle Dogs, Red Heeler's, Blue Heeler's, Stumpy tail Heeler's...great dogs, I've had 3, and yes they do know how to heel!
$Beef its whats for dinner.jpg
If you have 2500 lbs of meat to move, they are the ones to call....

Last edited:
Australian Cattle Dogs, Red Heeler's, Blue Heeler's, Stumpy tail Heeler's...great dogs, I've had 3, and yes they do know how to heel!
View attachment 540999

First heeler I had was a blue *****. She was a dandy. I was hauling cattle at the time. Buddy of mine had to do some time in the state hotel and he asked me to take her. Her name was Booger and she was. We were loading some big steers one afternoon and she was right in thick of the mess. She was heeling one and another kicked her in the head. She died in my arms.

Second heeler I had was a stem winding SOB. He got jumped by a pack of free range pit-cross breeds and they killed him. Took me a few weeks but I killed all those dogs after telling their owner I was gonna do it. Their owner told me he was sorry about my dog and he guessed his dogs had killed 10 or 12 dogs in the area. I told him to say bye to 'em every day because I was gonna kill 'em if he didn't pen 'em and keep 'em penned. He said that wouldn't be fair to his dogs to pen 'em. Saw him about five years after and all he said was "you killed my dogs like you said would." Asked him if he had a problem with it and he allowed as how he didn't.

Yep, those dogs are tougher than wet leather, smart as whip, absolutely fearless, and pretty much one person dogs. My old dog was a "velcro" dog. He would stay about a foot from my right leg everywhere we went. He went to the bars with me and got mad if I had to leave him in his truck. HIS truck. He's gladly eat anybody that messed with HIS truck. He was fun at the bar. He's lay down beside my barstool and keep an eye on things. People would come by and pet him. He'd look at 'em like they were stupid but he'd tolerate it. Chicks loved him. LOL Only time he got to wear a leash was when the laws demanded dogs be leashed. We tended to avoid areas like that. He HATED the vet's office and would take a dump in the floor as soon as I hauled him into one. :lol:

They're gritty SOB's and I miss 'em. I'm a city boy now and I don't have room for one to enjoy himself. Wife got me a Corgi to mess with. He's a good dog. Sheds worse than a heeler if that's possible. Got a lot of the same traits as the heelers. I reckon when he goes on to the happy hunting ground, I'm out of the dog business unless I move back out to the boonies.

Sounds familiar with the truck....my first blue had a 2500 Ram, and she was kind enough to let me use it once in a while.
Yep a heeler in a truck is Australian lingo for car alarm, don't go near it, and don't touch it if you want to keep all body parts intact.

Awesome pets everyone! The pictures are great!
Heres my princess of power Mathilda Esmeralda. Sadly we lost her last year and it still breaks my heart. She was one in a million.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 102
Mick's got a few extra toes. He has 7 on each front foot and they ALL work. The dog gives him a wide berth.
proxy.php

Wife raised him on a bottle. He is blissfully unaware that he is a cat.

He like to "help" me type.
proxy.php

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
^^^he's beautiful. He looks happy and smart. How does a little animal touch the hearts of rough men? I've got one of those too, so I know the answer to my question.

Australian Cattle Dogs, Red Heeler's, Blue Heeler's, Stumpy tail Heeler's...great dogs, I've had 3, and yes they do know how to heel...

My folks little 8mos old heeler is always nipping at our dogs legs at the dog park....then she starts nipping at ours after a lap or so.

It's funny now, but I'd suggest you put a stop to that. It won't be funny when you get heeled by a 50lb dog with reflexes faster than a cat....

Don't worry, we do and so do my folks. Our dog also puts her in her place when she does it to her. They're best friends, but Rita, our 7y old brindle shepherd is the boss

Here's our other mutt. This is Weber. He was a rescue from the local SPCA. Had him just over a year now and will be 2 next month. Our best guess is shelty mix, he has strong heeler characteristics, tenacity and drive too. Compact little guy, weighing in at just 16#, he thinks he's in the heavyweight class! And true to his form, the smallest dogs take up the most space on the bed :-/

He was bad about heeling and nipping. Our son was just 4 when we got the dog, he would jump and nip at my son's hood, his ear, and our hands. Put a stop to that real quick. But, it was never a hard bite or did any damage, but the boy was afraid of him for a little bit. All is better now! All in all, he's a good little dog.

proxy.php

Even though he is strange looking, long coat on his back, smooth coat on the side, brindle, really long hair on his tail, heeler/cattle dog behavior, terrier drive, just a strange little dog that has won our hearts!

proxy.php

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Wullie, I know it probably wasn't funny, but reading the words "horse wreck" gave me a good belly laugh

Top Bottom