What's new

Micro DE blade PIF

This won't be the most popular PIF, but I'm hoping it can fill a need for someone. I ran across four new, in the package micro DE blades that belonged to a long-deceased relative. They were made by Lapin Products, Inc. in Newark, NJ "expressly for the kewtie cosmetic razor. I opened one to examine the blade, and I would like to keep it in case I run across the razor someday. The other three are up for grabs.

$59320d1300897461-kewtie-razor-misc-razor-stuff002.jpg $kewtie-double-edge-safety-razor-blades-mint-condition-5ea6.jpg

The image on the left is for reference. It shows the kewtie razor in white (they also came in pink). The blades I am offering look like the bottom example in the image on the right. The image is borrowed from some joker on ioffer.com asking $5 each for the same blades.

I want to send them to someone who will actually use them, so this is a ladies only PIF. I'm not anticipating a barrage of requests, so just PM me your mailing address if you can actually use them. If I get more than one PM, I'll send them to the person whose first name is alphabetically closest to the relative they belonged to. Requests must be received by noon EDT on Friday, October 12.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
i'd love to have these for my collection. unfortunately would not use them. great PIF anyway!

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
nice! i'm always looking for unique items for my collection. micro DE would def fit in that category. i live in the Nashville, area. i'll shoot you a PM with my address just in case. if you do hear from someone no worries.

Holy crap - I saw one of those razors in an antique store up the street and thought it was a toy. It might still be there!

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
thats a shame. there are quite a bit kewite razors on ebay. range from $2-$30. it would prolly make a good mustache razor.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Wow, I didn't really get an idea of just how small this thing is, until I saw the pic here comparing it to a Gillette Venus (for those who are blessed with ignorance of Gillette's current line of 5-bladed monstrosities, that's the ladies' version of the Fusion):

http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/museum/artifacts/archives/002862.asp
wow that really puts it in perspective. seems like it would be more of a novelty. i'd still shave with it just for $hits and giggles.

There's an antique shop I drive buy now and again that has the Kewtie razor, in a case, with a few blades. I can't recall the price though. Perhaps next time I go buy I'll stop, check the price and take pictures in case anyone is interested.

Top Bottom