What's new

100% Shea Butter

Does anyone use 100% Shea Butter as a moisturizer ? I bought a tub today for my hands and cuticle area which dry out in the winter and actually crack and if bad enough bleed.

My question is does anyone use Shea Butter as a moisturizer either pre or post shave ?

If so what are your findings and opinions ?

How do you use it ?

I find it way to thick to be of any real use on my face, needs a lot of rubbing to get it into the skin, but if that doesn't bother you its a good moisturizer for your hands & feet etc.

Pete:
I use the shea butter when I ravage my lower neck and only a dab at a time.
For the cuts on your hands and fingers
1. Clean the wound with Hydrogen Peroxide and
2. Paint a coat of Krazy Glue ( super glue) over the wound.

Ends the pain almost immediately and they are completely healed within a few days.

I use pure shea butter primarily for my hands in the winter.

I will occasionally use a very small amount on my face if its really dry and/or I know I'm going to be outside in the cold for a long period of time, but its too heavy for everyday use.

Shea butter is one of those ingredients that just seems to work for me and I buy a lot of products (balms, soaps, bath soaps, etc.) with shea butter in them.

Oh, for dry hands, one of the best products I've used is Glysomed - combination of glycerine and silicone that both moisturizes and protects - takes a few minutes to absorb, but it really works. Herbacin is a similar product with a little less silicone in it if you want something a little lighter.

You can find either of these products in most drug stores for about $5 - $6 for a large tub/tube.

I love the effects of shea butter, but I'm finding I have a slight reaction to it. It doesn't burn, but it has a slight numbing effect on me. Weird.

I use shea as a moisturiser, but not an aftershave; it needs to much rubbing in for my freshly shaven skin to be all that happy with.

I've read it can be used as a preshave (not to mention a cooking oil), but never felt the need or want to try it.

Top Bottom