What's new

surfers unite.

thats the life sunbathe and surf.. i all ways suffer from last wave syndrome. 2 hours later still there.. but the funny thing is i get sea sick from surfing never know why have to tkae sea sickness tablets be for i go in haha..

A surfer that needs sea sickness tablets! That's a new one!
I always go out by myself. Until recently, I had to travel by myself as well. My g/f of 7 years snapped the photo of me in the awkward position playing footsie with my leash. I always get a laugh when I see that pic!

its one of those pics that are in the moment type of thing. but don't forget that my board is a log at 9ft6 almost a boat for me as im only 5ft7 172cm short arss. i have some pics should get them sent off as they are 35mm film taken with a water camera thing.. my x could not swim she was more interested in horses so i took the train down to the beach..

My old board. Sold it when I left San Diego for NYC.

Attachments

• $CIMG0247.jpg
    $CIMG0247.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 80
Hey benvh... You should have brought that Surf Prescriptions board with you to NYC and sold it to me!!! Do you still surf? Rockaway Beach may not have waves like SD but, it's accessible by subway.

Last edited:
Hey Dave... how often does that wave happen on the river? Every time the tide goes out? Is there only one wave per tide? That guy near the trees looked like he was toast! My first trip outside the US was in 1990 and I went to London for 10 days. Saw the Exploited at the Sir George Roby, drove to Stonehenge and Brighton. If I knew that there was a river to surf on, I would have brought my board!!! If I ever make it back, I'm bringing a board!

That sound like a good idea could meet up for a a couple of surfs .
It depends on the tide its called the seven bore sometime 3 times a month or could be more.
Surf the twice and let me say its not easy .
If you fall of its a jump in the car to catch it again :D.
Did you know you can surf at Brighton.
Wile you was in London did you go to jermyn street.

Hey benvh... You should have brought that Surf Prescriptions board with you to NYC and sold it to me!!! Do you still surf? Rockaway Beach may not have waves like SD but, it's accessible by subway.

I would have liked to keep it, but I wasn't confident that it would survive the cross-country trip.

That sound like a good idea could meet up for a a couple of surfs .
Did you know you can surf at Brighton.
Wile you was in London did you go to jermyn street.

- I'd like to get back to the UK someday. I was traveling by myself back in 1990 - these days, I have to run my travel plans by the woman but, she wasn't against a visit to London and the surrounding area when we were going over destinations. She's leaning towards a return to Hawaii for our next trip.
- Brighton was flat when I visited but, on a good day, I bet it cranks! It was the only beach that I've been to that was covered with small, smooth stones instead of sand.
- I wasn't into specialty shaving or dressing sharp back then. I didn't know what Taylor of Old Bond Street was or what Jermyn Street was all about. If I ever get back to the UK, you can bet your board that I'd be visiting all the shave spots!

Last edited:
I live just out side London could take you around and show you some places :). If you like punk then there is Camden market ect... If I get a car by then could be worth a trip to saunton sands .
If bodyboard at Hawaii witch was fun..

Again England beaches are strange its not sand alot at stony crap with hurt you feet.

shame:( about not surfing when little one gets older should teach to surf you never know could be a pro...
to be honest i dont surf as much as i should as this de shave is getting a little expensive.
was wondering that have only seen wax on the pad once and he was well you feel the blanks.......

Top Bottom