What's new

Getting Trousers Altered

So I bought 3 trousers, all the same fit but in different colors and fabric. These were close to $200 each, so I don't want them ruined by taking them to a place that doesn't know what they're doing but I also don't want to go to a place which will cost an arm and a leg. Kind of looking for that middle ground where there is value.

Anyways, I have to let the waist out probably an inch, have them hemmed as they are all with an unfinished hem, and perhaps cuff them (seems to be the recommendation on styleforum). What is the price I should be looking at per pant to have these 3 things done? I'm assuming cuffing them costs too, correct? I've been to this one place before which charged $20 to hem a pant I had. Will seem like an awful lot if I take it to the same place and have all 3 hemmed plus all the other stuff.

Lastly, is there a general rule with cuffs as to how many inches they should be? I am 6'0 and 155 lbs if that matters. I want them to look neat, not too big or small, if that makes sense.

Last edited:
Top Bottom