What's new

Patchouli... talk to me

I saw the KMF Patchouli in the grocery store. It was love at first sniff. I bought it. Then I had other people sniff it, or tried to, and they'd all say "eww I don't like patchouli, that's what the hippies like!" Oh well. Their loss.

Give Sue at SCS a call. Ask for a sample of "Smoke and Beads" . In your face Patchouli. Not for the faint of heart. I love it. When I first smelled it I told her that I felt I had just walked into a '60's head shop.

The shave cream is done and just need to bottle the EDT. I am surprised how many like the fragrance of patchouli. To me it is overpowering. ( Guess that's the plan :lol: ).

Back in the 70's we had to 'fire' a babysitter when we came home earlier than planned and the house reeked of 'smoke' and patchouli.

Sue

The shave cream is done and just need to bottle the EDT. I am surprised how many like the fragrance of patchouli. To me it is overpowering. ( Guess that's the plan :lol: ).

Back in the 70's we had to 'fire' a babysitter when we came home earlier than planned and the house reeked of 'smoke' and patchouli.

Sue

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

my mom was a hippie ... heh so i grew up around all sorts of 'smells' and other stuff ...

for a while i didn't care for patchouli ... but after a while i started to like it again ... one thing i noticed .. it by its self is not bad .. but when mixed with other 'scents' from hippie stuff ... tends to give it the odor that most people do not like ...

I received the KMF peaceful patchouli shave cream as a Christmas gift. I just love it. All I need now is some patchouli ASB or cologne to accent it.....might have to give SCS a try here.:biggrin:

I find it interesting how patchouli made its way into the 60s subculture. Apparently fabrics from India were popular at the time and the Indians would use patchouli to disuade moths, like we use mothballs. The hippies liked the smell so much it became part of the culture, so it could be worse, hippies could smell like mothballs. (or would that be worse?)

I find it interesting how patchouli made its way into the 60s subculture. Apparently fabrics from India were popular at the time and the Indians would use patchouli to disuade moths, like we use mothballs. The hippies liked the smell so much it became part of the culture, so it could be worse, hippies could smell like mothballs. (or would that be worse?)

most hippies do smell like mothballs right now ... that or bengay ....

/ducks

Might like to try California cologne with a little patchouli oil dabbed on also. I used to get alot of compliments when I wore those together.

I must confess that when I hear Patchouli, it conjures images of the head shops from the summer of love. An odor that I associated with those who, in these precincts, were known as hippies. I have never appreciated that smell.

So you can see that when I see Patchouli is an integral component of some highly regarded products, I was leery. ...

Don't think I could use patchouli-scented goods. Too reminiscent of a gal I was with in college. That was her scent of choice. Something to look forward to at the end of the day.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom