What's new

Why I hate "American Pickers"

How do you feel about American Pickers and their effect on the prices of "antiques"

• Definitely blowing prices up.

• I can't tell the difference

Results are only viewable after voting.
I can't stand that show. I hate to see those guys swoop in like vultures on some 90 year old man and give him $100 for a bunch of stuff they KNOW is worth thousands. I like to go to second hand stores, junk stores and flea markets to find a good deal, but the people at those places have a pretty good idea of what they have and they give it to you for a steal, they have fun and make a little, we have fun and spend a little to be custodian to the piece until we pass it along. The guys on American Pickers are just gluttons and parasites. They know their screwing people and they don't give a dam. I had to stop watching the show because I would cringe every time that happened, and it happens so much, and I get even sicker when they try to talk it down or act like they did the person a favour What a great thread, that felt GOOD!!

Never seen that, though I haven't watched every show. I did watch an episode last weekend where they bought a Lionel Train and lost about $5000 on it.

Some say the show is fake, I wouldn't know, but it is entertaining, and I would imagine the people they meet like being on television. It certainly isn't worth getting worked up over.

I really do not like those vultures that bid on those storage building hauls...some poor soul more than likely forgot to make payment and they end up with grandma's, Bible, jewelry,etc..

I just change channels when one of these mentioned programs come on to something more entertaining... like "The Turtle Man" !
I had to take some pain pills for some dental work awhile back. Funny how much I really enjoyed a "Turtle Man" marathon...yalalalalala.... :blink:

Top Bottom