What's new

My current rotation of DE razors

This is my current rotation of DE razors. I'm afraid I don't have a pretty cabinet like some of you guys. I live in an apartment, and have to make do with what came with the place. :biggrin:

From left to right:
  • Gillette Super Slim Twist (date code P1)
  • Gillette Super Speed (date code M2)
  • Gillette Fat Boy adjustable (date code G1)
  • Gillette slim adjustable (date code J4)
  • English Gillette Tech (no date code)
  • Merkur 34C (a.k.a. Hefty Classic or HD)
  • Swedish Matador (no date code)
  • Swedish Eterna (no date code)

Most of the razors have the no-name IP blades in them, but I have just started going through the LetterK blade sampler pack, and started with the Merkur platinum coated blades, so the Merkur has one of those in it. (I have decided to use the Merkur HD as my one and only test razor while working my way through the blade sampler.)

The brush is a Shavemac #177, and it's the only one I'm using at the moment.

On the shelf above, I have a C&E Sandalwood soap in a wooden bowl, some Aqua Vera aftershave (which has a citrus fragrance), Nivea After Shave Balm, and a styptic pencil. On top of the cabinet I have a large latte cup which is my lathering bowl, and a tube of European Palmolive Classic shaving cream.

/Nicholas

What do the Swedish razors look like?

And, as a proponent of the open comb Gillettes, I recommend that you should make room for a NEW ! :thumbup1:

:shaving:

The Matador is at the top of this thread.

The Eterna is described here.

The only open comb razor I have is a mis-matched Gillette Tech (hollow ball end) handle and a Swedish open comb bottom plate, possibly with a Gillette Tech top plate. So it's not very good. At the moment I don't have any plans on buying any more razors for a while, though. :biggrin:

Top Bottom