What's new

Brooks Brothers Briefcase - Should I return it?

Well I finally went ahead a bought a bag I've been wanting for awhile. Specifically this one. The Single Gusset.

The one I got looks slightly different. It actually looks more like this one. The Double Gusset. Notice the handles are slightly different and there are no metal "stand studs" on the bottom of the bag. Otherwise, mine is a Single Gusset in terms of "gussets" i.e., there is only one.

I actually prefer the look of the one I got in comparison to the Single Gusset pictured online.

Now, heres the rub.

$IMG_2332.jpg

As you can see (maybe) there is a slight imperfection in the leather on the handle. Its like a cut . . . or seam . . . and a light scuff. Obviously not noticeable from any distance, but noticeable upon close examination. I would also be concerned that over time maybe this cut or seam or whatever it is will worsen. Or maybe a seam of some sort is unavoidable? I dont know.

So, should I return it or am I just being persnickety. The lady of the house says I'm just being ridiculous, but as we all know, those of us on B&B can be a particular bunch. I am no exception to that rule.

strop

Now half as wise
Unless you got an absolutely steal of a deal, no question in my mind. Return it. Poor workmanship.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
If BB wants to charge $800 smackers for a briefcase, it'd better be near perfect.

Well, I sent it back for an exchange today. We will see what the new one looks like. As many pointed out, I knew it was going to bother me a good bit, so no need to be bothered by something with an easy fix.

I will admit, aside from the handle, it was definitely a very good looking and well constructed bag.

Top Bottom