What's new

Mystic Water New Uncented-Anyone try it?

I plan on reviewing it after a few weeks to get a real feel for it. Early on though, this might be an even better product than the other soaps she carries. Has anyone tried it? Thoughts? Am I imagining things?

The unscented was the first MW soap I tried. Though it is unscented, it did have a scent simply from the ingredients which comprise the soap. I found it unpleasant but the performance was great. I recently ordered a puck of Maestrale and love the scent and performance.

Yeah the unscented has been reformulated so of course had to buy it. Joe, glad you like the Maestrale too, that is a top of the rotation quality soap.

I'd like to explain the difference between the original unscented soap that Shaverjoe tried and the new Sensitive Skin unscented soap that Jefebadskin is talking about: whereas the old was just a plain, unscented version of my shaving soap, the new one is made by infusing/macerating Calendula flowers in the tallow with heat several times to make an extract of the plant. Calendula is an herb that has wound-healing properties and is commonly used in salves and creams. Besides the usual aloe vera, there's allantoin (another skin protecting ingredient) and sea buckthorn oil. I know that a lot of you associate sea buckthorn with scented soap but it actually doesn't have much of a smell at all. So, I hope that it will be actively soothing, rather than just non-irritating.

Michelle- thank you for the clarification.

And let me be clear here. I have no complaints about the performance of the original unscented shave soap. It produced a wonderfully protective lather and left my face feeling great. I just did not enjoy the inherent "scent" created by the ingredients of the soap. That being said, the performance was great.

The Maestrale soap has an identical performance, holds a ton of water, and has a wonderful scent with enough Peppermint Oil to produce a nice cooling effect. I mean, how can you go wrong with Peppermint, Rosemary, and Lavender? A great soap!

I don't have sensitive skin but I'm thinking about ordering some because of the great ingredients in it.

That's what I'm thinking. I placed an order for 6 samples just a few days ago and I'm wondering if I should have ordered a sample of this instead of one those that I did order....except I don't know which one I would have taken off the order.

I have it, and it is a very nice product. I haven't fully mastered lathering MW soaps yet, but even when the lather looks less than good it still does an excellent job, and I can finish the shave without much damage. The smell of the ingredients isn't all that great, but it's what unscented is.

I've never been called delicate like a flower before, I'm pretty like one too. (or a bag of rocks, but who's counting?) eth, do you notice a difference between this one and the other MW soaps?

I haven't noticed a difference in either direction between the sensitive and the others, but I've only tried two scented samples, of which one burned me (lime, I should know). I haven't used MW for the last few days though, I've been on a reunion rotation, revisiting old favourites and challenges. The Orange Vanilla (a sweet scent of heavenly candy) sample is nearly gone, and it's time to pick my next MW sample to try. Maybe I'll just do Mystictober. :001_smile

A solid week in, here is my review.

It is actually called Sensitive Skin, of course I totally missed that. After regular use, I did find this product to be superior in face feel than the other Mystic Water products. I wanted to test more before I put that claim out there. After seeing eth's findings, and discussing with a few others I think it will be extremely YMMV whether others will find this better. For an oily, sensitive, and at times allergic face, it works great so take it FWIW. Latherability, slickness the same as the other MW, which is great in my case. If you must have scents, or find the smell of a tallow soap awful, this isn't for you. If you don't mind, I highly recommend it. If you are truly a sensitive skin person, it's a must own in my view.

Top Bottom