What's new

Imperial Leather sob story

Just had a quick look none have tallow as I can see but on the way to boots will check there.. will post pics and ingredients when get in...

here is the pics of the uk soap $IMG_20121001_130251.jpg$IMG_20121001_130241.jpg

the ingredients:sodium palmate,aqua,sodium palm kernelate,glycerin,talc,parfum,sodium chloride, tetrasodium edta,etidronic acid, coumarin,eugenol, linalool,benzyl benzoate,geraniol,citronellol,alpha-isomethyl lonone, ci 77891 cl 77220 cl 11680 cl 71105 cl 74260...

there are others but no tallow written on the ingredients..

Dave

We are in the UK and had used Imperial Leather for years. Purchased in any supermaket or Pharmacy it was amazing until a few years ago when something seemed wrong with it. No lather, fragrance so different and the soap didn't last, just disintegrated/turned mushy after using and being left on the sink soap holder. I haven't purchased it for ages now as it's rubbish as opposed to the classic product of old. Cusson's 'Mild Cream' soap has gone down the exact same route, it now smells like scouring cream cleaning products. We've lost an absolute Classic in Imperial Leather and I wonder where Cusson's will go from here? Interesting to read about the Tallow by the way.

We are in the UK and had used Imperial Leather for years. Purchased in any supermaket or Pharmacy it was amazing until a few years ago when something seemed wrong with it. No lather, fragrance so different and the soap didn't last, just disintegrated/turned mushy after using and being left on the sink soap holder. I haven't purchased it for ages now as it's rubbish as opposed to the classic product of old. Cusson's 'Mild Cream' soap has gone down the exact same route, it now smells like scouring cream cleaning products. We've lost an absolute Classic in Imperial Leather and I wonder where Cusson's will go from here? Interesting to read about the Tallow by the way.

Same experience I had with Cussons original bars in Tanzania,they used to be super potent,amazing lather,and long lasting,but today they are just a shadow of the original.The Thai bars are O.K.,but still not up to the old British formula.

I think scent wise,the old tallow bars had Sandalwood in the mix,a nice dry spicy wood scent.Your bars are made in Indonesia,mine are made in Thailand,but distributed through Indonesia.

Attachments

• $cussons.jpg
    $cussons.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 32
  • $IMG_0006.jpg
    $IMG_0006.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 32
  • $IMG_0007.jpg
    $IMG_0007.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 31
Top Bottom