What's new

Footwear dilemma!

I need a pair of trainer type shoes to wear in my day to day casual dress. I mostly wear jeans but don't really like normal sporty trainers. I would prefer brown leather without any white on them. I have looked on lots of websites but can't find anything suitable in the uk. I found a pair I liked by converse called Jack Purcell OTR, these, however, are only available in the states. With these converse as a starting point does anyone have any suggestion?

Thanks, J.P.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
... not what you asked for, but ...

Would you consider chukkas, desert boots, or Doc Martens? Those would all be great for wearing with jeans, and certainly a step up in 'dress casual' from sporty trainers.

I've toyed with the idea. I definitely don't like Doc. martens but desert boots may be an option. I'd like to have both if that was the case, brown leather trainers and boots. Still need to find these trainers though. Thank you for reigniting the boot idea though.

Just searched chukka boots and came across a pair I liked. On the same page was a pair of Caterpillar trainers that were exactly what I was looking for. I am soon to be the owner of a pair of Caterpillar Pritchard lace ups. Sometimes it all comes together!

Last edited:
Top Bottom