What's new

Any HAND latherers or PALM latherers in the HOUSE ?

I'm an avid face latherer, but I received a sample of the Tabula Rasa shaving croap, and was adviced to hand lather that particular croap for the best result.

What I did was actually a hybrid. I first massaged a bit of the croap onto my face by soaking a bit in hot water, then I placed a dap of Tabula Rasa in my hand and starting lathering up in my palm.
I went really well actually.

So I ask if any one in here prefers to lather in their hand or palm - and WHY you prefer to do it that way ?

Do you own a brush or two that you specifically bought for that purpose alone ?

My fiance palm-lathers exclusively. His rationale is that a bowl is too cumbersome (he shaves in the shower), but he doesn't want to risk irritating his face by face-lathering (he tends to paint on the lather once it's ready). I think it's a little silly, but whatever works!

I face lather and palm lather, I have gotten the best lathers from using my palm though, maybe there is more control, my fingers have a way better feel for slickness than my face does; I prefer to face lather though, it is more fun.

I tried palm lathering for the sake of trying. The results were excellent. I am a 4 pass face and two pass head shaver though and it is just easier to face/head lather because I would have to keep rinsing my hand and wasting lather.

Top Bottom