What's new

Whats the Best Shaving Creams to use with my Mach 3??

I have a plain 'ol Gillette Mach 3 razor & would like to know if their is a shaving cream out there that would give me a more comfortable & closer shave & that can be applied with my hands instead of a brush?

Thank You All!!!

I would suggest Sharps Kid Glove Shave Gel. Nice Menthol cooling, clear Gel, with no lather hand application. I have used it with my Gillette Fusion and now my DE.

I think any gel/cream/soap can be used with any razor with decent results. Having said that, some gents report that some soaps/creams/gels clog some razors rather easily. I believe by using less gel/soap/cream and rinsing the razor regularly, one can avoid any clogging.

For some suggestions regarding brushless options check out this thread: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=24929

I personally like the Anthony Logistics Shave Gel a lot and also the Zirh Shave Gel, although that one stings a bit on my skin. Those are both foamless as well. There are many brushless and foamless gels available that are very good (i.e. have a lot of lubricity and moisturize well).

Best - MM

May i recommend Clinique's Shaving Cream for men and Bodyshop's shaving cream? I've used both with Mach 3 and get excellent shaves with them.

I've tried C&E's sandalwood, but prefer the above two for it's lubricating properties. I love the sandalwood scent though, hence i kind of use it once in a while.

Zirh's shaving gel is pretty good too IMHO. Moisturizing and slick.

I used Body Shop cream with a mach 3 for about a year (switching between that and a Norelco). That was my pre-brush, pre-DE revelation that shaving CAN be better and there was a reason to use something other than canned Goo.

BTW, it is worth thinking about using a brush with good cream. If nothing else, I think you'd waste less.

Lucky Tiger Brushless Shave Cream... works great with a cartridge - in combination with a Sensor it's my preferred "quickie" rig, and I'm sure a M3 would be similar.

Nancy Boy shaving cream was originally designed to be used without a brush. It just so happens to be an excellent brush cream. I love the stuff.

Kiels makes a good brushless cream. I've also heard good things about Cremo but have never tried it. Lee's Razors sells it.

Roger

Top Bottom