What's new

GEM Single Edge Razors

I am looking to buy in bulk some single edge razors. All the places around here have GEM razors in a pack of 10. Im looking for 100 or more.

has anyone had great results with these razors: http://www.razorbladesandmore.com/content/100-gem-stainless-steel-coated-single-edge-blades

100 in a carton at only $25.

http://www.myotcstore.com/store/p/1...v23047_a_7c861_a_7c2706_a_7cax5140_d_asr80048

$35 for 120 blades. Are these razors good quality? Gem Blue star super blades.

If ordering from "Ted Pella" in California are there any blades that anyone would reccomend? Item numbers would help.

I have just bought a GEM micromatic. I had previously shaved with a Gillette adjustable double edge razor and find that the blades for the SE razor are different as far as how thick the razor is. I like the DE razors though because of pricing but would switch to the GEM razor if I could buy in bulk. I will say that the persona razors from walgreens are quite sharp.

_Razor

Figure out if you like carbon steel, stainless steel, or PTFE stainless steel first. Or buy the PTFE from Ted Pella and if you you don't like'em give 'em to me!

Figure out if you like carbon steel, stainless steel, or PTFE stainless steel first. Or buy the PTFE from Ted Pella and if you you don't like'em give 'em to me!

Whats the product number for the blades? Hey everyone could use some free razor blades right?

$photo-33.jpg
$photo-32.jpg
$photo-31.jpg
$photo-30.jpg

These razor blades shave really close. Its been almost a week now and I can faintly see stuble.

Last edited:
Whats the product number for the blades? Hey everyone could use some free razor blades right?

The coated SS product number on the box is 62-0165
Ignore the "for industrial use only" warning.
Right now I only see 200 packs on tedpella.com so you may need somewhere else...

The coated SS product number on the box is 62-0165
Ignore the "for industrial use only" warning.
Right now I only see 200 packs on tedpella.com so you may need somewhere else...

Prod number 121-3 Single Edge, PTFE-Coated Blades. No quote on shipping. The shipping expensive?

Yes, the razors blades that came with the razor blades were toast. A good deal for the kit, only $5. The most difficult part is not finding razor blades, but finding, oh lets say, over a 100 razor blades at once. I wonder if the Amercian Safety Razor company or Persona had condsidered producing more than just the 5-to 10 blade packs that can be bought at the stores. I really like these blades, its not like a DE razor where after a day or two the stuble shows up. This blade cuts baby smooth! I can shave with this razor blade on a monday and not have to shave again until monday!

Last edited:
Razor, I realize that you're new to B&B, but links to live (non-BIN) auctions are prohibited... please edit your post to remove it, and WELCOME TO B&B!

You can get Treet carbon blades at CVS (and some other chain pharmacies).

The PTFE coated stainless blades are sold in 100 carton packages.

I like the coated stainless blades the best but others prefer the carbon ones YMMV

proxy.php

do you shave with the blades you have posted in the picture? any difference is shaving/roughness of blades from this type of razor blade, or is it very closely the same?$rb-gem-020213.jpg

Top Bottom