What's new

Looking for the Best Badger Brush, Stand & Mug for my Merkur 38C Long Pole Razor?

I want to put together my own custom shaving set with the best items on the market.

I am going to purchase a Merkur HD 38C Classic "Barber Pole" Long Safety Razor & would like a very good stand, badger brush, & mug to go along with this set?

Also can you recommend good shaving soaps/creams for someone with very sensitive skin??

Any recommendations/comments appreciated.

Thanx.

I may be getting one of these for christmas. These are real nice stands.
http://www.eshave.com/template.php?file=eShave_ShaveStands I am not sure about the hole size on these though. If they can hold a regular size brush handle.

I have read that crabtree and evelyn has a real nice best badger brush for about $35. I have a Taylor of old bond street imitation badger that is nice too but that is a synthetic brush(not real badger).

Hey MerkurGuy,

I like your on line name and wish I had thought of it as I'm one of the biggest Merkur fans out there. Most wet shavers are MPWSE (Maniacal Preferential Wet Shaving Enthusiasts). Some say fanatical and my wife says lunatics (chuckle). But the keyword is Preferential. I don't believe you will be able to come up with a consensus on this or any other board as we all have our prefererences based on years of experimentation. I own a Classic shaving "Merkur/Solingen" shaving stand that will hold my Merkur razors and my Shavemac or Rooney Shaving Brushes. It is rather expensive but worth it in my point of view. It hold the 38C, the Slant, and the HD with ease. I'm almost certain it will hold the Futur and the Vison (my next purchaes) as well. There are two versions so check out the largest in order to hold the bigger brushes and razors.

Enjoy your shave... :biggrin:

Right now I have a home made stand that is working pretty good. My wife may have a stand for christmas for me so I will have to wait until after the new year to consider getting one. Thanks for your info.

Top Bottom