What's new

I'm Speechless.Another Bob Farvour Custom

So I had an interesting concept for Bob. I've been intrigued with the shape of this Vie-Long: http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&h...w=154&start=0&ndsp=21&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0,i:75 However, I didn't like the knot available for these brushes and wanted a shoulder on the top of the handle similar to the one on my Tuilip. I also wanted a tortoise colored type color to the handle.
So I talked to Bob, who was very helpful and patient with my specifications. With his input and recommendation we settled on a "Cosmic Copper" color and decided on a 22mm TGN Finest XH set at about 48mm.
He emailed with a picture of the brush and I was speechless. It cam out way better than I ever imagined. I can't wait to get it but I know it's a winner. This guy's on fire.

Attachments

• $Brush1041.jpg
    $Brush1041.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 326
WOW!! :drool:
That handle is seriously incredible. It really does give the illusion of a tulip-esque handle on both ends, and that color is WILD!!
Congrats Sam!

Yowsa! Somebody please tell me these TGN knots are good and dense. I have a number of ideas and the constant flow of customs is really helpful. I just don't know about their knot characteristics. Currently I have two pretty dense brushes. Savile Row 3824 and the B&B Kent LE 2009. Neither of these splay out much and hold a great shape.

Cheers, Todd

Phog, the Finest grade has plenty of backbone and feels luxuriously soft with texture. It's not as dense as Shavmacs or Simpsons but set at a low loft like at 46-48mm, it tightens up just enough, but it's not floppy. I have a custom brush with a 24mm TGN XH set at about 50-52mm to make as a bowl lathering brush and it's not floppy like other Silvertip knots. It's got just enough give. Give it a try.

Holy cow, Krona! That is a one of the most beautiful handles that i have ever seen!

Thanks. I've been thinking about the design for months. I might do a Farvour family in the Cosmic Copper color. Maybe one in his interpretation of the Milk Churn (in AA silvertip) and the other in a Rover style (TGN finest bulb).

hey Kona it looks amazing :)

once you get a TGN XH there's no turning back, you might have found a cure to your BAD (if you've ever suffered from it) :)

Top Bottom