What's new

The "Not Gillette" Vintage DE Thread

Oxford razor, made in England:
I bought this razor from a chap in France. I have very little information on it.
The handle screws into a small recess on the bottom plate.
I think it's a nice looking razor, and I would guess that it was probably made in the 1930's?
More information would be greatly appreciated!
$oxford1.jpg$oxford2.jpg$oxford3.jpg

Different models and variants of Wizamet (Poland) razors.
There doesn't seem to have been any standardization of the colour of the cases. Like most things in Communist manufacturing, the line keep running with whatever materials were available at the time.

Junior
$p1160562.jpg

W5
$p1160521.jpg

W6 (smooth white handle)
$p1160511.jpg

W6 (grooved white handle)
$p1160550.jpg

W6 (grooved blue handle)
$p1160541.jpg

Here's what arrived yesterday. Had been waiting for this parcel for some time now, it got delayed in customs -

$20140901_190142.jpg

$20140901_190055.jpg

$20140901_190240.jpg

$20140901_190403.jpg

$20140901_190633.jpg

When I did a google search for Perfecta, all it gave me was SE razors. So, does anyone have any more information on this DE one?

There are no markings on the razor of any kind, but the razor certainly "seems" like it belongs to the case. One of the blade boxes is missing, but otherwise the case is in pretty good shape.

Nice one ! I knew Perfecta made bakelite DEs, but this one seems to fit. I have seen this handle elsewhere, but I don't remember where... If it comes back I'll let you know ^^

I'm fascinated by all of the safety razor designs, craftsmanship and ingenuity from all over the world. So let's start a thread showing everyone pics of your rare and obscure razors.

Maybe not obscure, but odd-balls. Stahly live blade, Strivel, Shake-Sharp. I lust for a Cooper Monobilt, but they seem to be out of my price range for now.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Oooh, oooh. I've got an old handle like that! Years ago I was told it was German. Looks like mine is a double ring version! :lol:

Shown here with a Merkur head.

Oxford razor, made in England:
I bought this razor from a chap in France. I have very little information on it.
The handle screws into a small recess on the bottom plate.
I think it's a nice looking razor, and I would guess that it was probably made in the 1930's?
More information would be greatly appreciated!
View attachment 488400

Top Bottom