What's new

The "Not Gillette" Vintage DE Thread

Presenting the Hermes Razor -

$20140912_225121.jpg

$20140912_225140.jpg

$20140912_225202.jpg

$20140912_225233.jpg

$20140912_225309.jpg

It is awfully similar in construction to a Gillette Single Ring. However, the pins are definitely different. Also, no marking of any kind anywhere on the razor.

It is silver plated, and the seller did try to clean it up but did a poor job. It has some plate loss on the cap but other than that it's in great shape. The case is in OK condition, but there is no sign of the blade cases.

I have yet to try a Wardonia. What is the shave like? It appears to have a good curve in the blade.

I've got several Merkurs with bakelite heads and metal caps. Good stuff.

The Wardonia does not take a standard blade. I am going to try and modify a blade when I get home and see how it shaves.

I don't remember posting this before, the "Volcanic" razor, made in France, it's not a slant per se, but the screw is half-loose and allows you to put the handle at the right angle. Here are some pictures :

And the blade they made as well :

I can't be sure if the handle is original or not, as the collection of G.Lorenzi shows this razor head with a travel handle and case... Any info is welcome !

^^Very nice. Does the screw remain in the set position after tightening or is there some sense of instability?

Thanks ^^ The screw holds tight ! It's made to adjust the position from one end to the other, on a line, not on a four-direction model (I don't think I'm clear, here, pardon me !)

I think one of these may have already been posted but here is a fine example of a Wardonia bakelite razor from Sheffield England.
Have not shaved with this yet but that gap between the head and base make this thing look pretty aggresive.
$011.jpg$012.jpg$013.jpg$014.jpg$015.jpg

How about a Golf?

proxy.php

proxy.php

German Eastern Bloc era.

I have never seen this before, so is Golf the model or manufacturer???? I would like to hear more about this if anyone would care to share. I thought that it was a single edge at first glance but it takes a DE blade.

Hello there,

I bought this more than a week ago. The Luna Safety-Razor. Pretty good razor. I used it once and absolutely love it. :)

M

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1414808427517.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1414808427517.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 335
  • $uploadfromtaptalk1414808460126.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1414808460126.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 334
  • $uploadfromtaptalk1414808490586.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1414808490586.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 335
Last edited:
I have never seen this before, so is Golf the model or manufacturer???? I would like to hear more about this if anyone would care to share. I thought that it was a single edge at first glance but it takes a DE blade.

Thats the problem with this thread, there is never enough info for the stuff. but that is a cool little razor

Hello there,

I bought his more than a week ago. The Luna Safety-Razor. Pretty good razor. I used it once and absolutely love it. :)

M

thats a nice one, I really like the look of it

Golf was a brand name owned by steel products and machinery manufacturer Louis Perlman in Solingen and Leipzig from 1909 until WW2 (they also made straight razors of their brand LouPer).

According to this information from Museen Nord, after WW2 Golf was a brand of the government-owned VEB MLW (Volkseigener Verband; Medizin-, Labor- und Wägetechnik) in Leipzig.

$2_Aug_1944.jpg

$1868_1909.jpg

$1930_1939.jpg

Top Bottom