What's new

Pinaud Clubman - Too Much

I dusted off a bottle of Clubman I had and gave it another try. It's a bit over the top for me, I.E. I don't care for the smell. Are all Pinaud like that? I work on my own from my apartment and I wanted something that I would enjoy for most of the day so I'm thinking of trying out a bay rum such as Captains but I'm not a fan of strong, intense smells. Suggestions?

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I don't believe Pinaud makes a "subtle" scent. They are all pretty much in your face on application, though they do lighten up considerably after some time.

How much? Each is different. Clubman I can smell in the shower after a full day.
If you're a subtle guy I suggest trying a different Bay Rum than Clubman VIBR. It's the only Pinaud AS I don't really care for. To me it smells like someone spilled the Office Christmas Party Punch Bowl.

I love their bay rum, SUPER spicy. I will say the Special Reserve is VERY interesting. It dries down to LEATHER...in your face leather. I hated it because it smells weird for the first few hours :lol:

I admit I didn't really care for the stuff at first. But now I love it. Really unique feeling it leaves on my face, and the scent seems to vary at different times of the day.

VIBR is like a giant Christmas candle at first. It smells great once it dries down but then the scent is almost too faint to really enjoy. But it packs one *hell* of a punch on a freshly shaved face.

I heard clubman vanilla was pretty mild though I haven't tried it myself.

I love Clubman, hate VIBR (I don't like ANY bay rum though), nor do I care for Veg or SR. That said, the Musk is good & the Vanilla is by far the lightest in my experience. I like them both.

I'm going to give it a couple more shots and see if I still like it. But I'm definitely going to get me some Captains just to see what this bay rum is all about. I took a whiff of Ologalla once and it reminded me of the cloves my old man used in our easter ham so I'll pass.

I'm going to give it a couple more shots and see if I still like it. But I'm definitely going to get me some Captains just to see what this bay rum is all about. I took a whiff of Ologalla once and it reminded me of the cloves my old man used in our easter ham so I'll pass.

I had the same reaction with Ogallala at first. Then after about a month I tried it again and it didn't seem quite as bad. Now it's one of my favorites. I guess it grew on me.

My problem is that I have hyper-smelling so strong stuff can trigger migraines. Even being in church can be impossible at times (you know, the elderly ladies and that potpourri stinky type stuff). For now, I'm using Boost Polar Ice (I likey) but I'd like to switch it up just a bit.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
My problem is that I have hyper-smelling so strong stuff can trigger migraines. Even being in church can be impossible at times (you know, the elderly ladies and that potpourri stinky type stuff). For now, I'm using Boost Polar Ice (I likey) but I'd like to switch it up just a bit.

Can you buy a bottle of Everclear and mix whatever you like to your own desired strength?

I love Clubman, reminds me of Canoe (which was the first cologne I ever wore when I was in high school back in the early '80's). I also love the bay rum, but I consider it more of a "winter scent." It's definately "spicy." When I wear it, my wife LOVES the smell. She told me "it makes me hungry for cinamon oatmeal. I also really like the vanilla. I agree with some early posts that it is more mild and fades quickly. I HATE the Veg!!! I can't believe they were able to bottle "nursing home scent!"

Recently, I have been very happy with a home made post-shave lotion of Poraso Pre/Post shave mixed with Nivea Post Shave Balm. It's definately a "Summer scent," but it's certainly not over powering and the scent fades quickly.

Top Bottom