What's new

Back to carts

Guys, I've finally had it. The rising cost of blades is killing my wallet. I'm forced to go back to carts, specifically my Gillette Fusion. I feel that the carts will also provide me with better shaves and control, although I will have to re-learn to apply pressure. A part of me is relieved, since the carts are so much cheaper than the DE blades. I am wondering if I should keep the soaps and creams, since the aerosol cans are so cheap and work so well?

Sounds like you haven't been able to lighten up on pressure and getting frustrated...I would say "keep at it"..but if you are truly done..can't think of it being environment related..I wish you luck...:)

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I hear you. The costs of Jnats and custom straights are driving me back to pick up the ol'5 blader again.

Guys, I've finally had it. The rising cost of blades is killing my wallet. I'm forced to go back to carts, specifically my Gillette Fusion. I feel that the carts will also provide me with better shaves and control, although I will have to re-learn to apply pressure. A part of me is relieved, since the carts are so much cheaper than the DE blades. I am wondering if I should keep the soaps and creams, since the aerosol cans are so cheap and work so well?

You don't need soaps, creams or aerosols the lubricating strip on the cartridge does it all for you.

You have made a wise decision. The much more widespread popularity and usage of carts, as contrasted with the niche market for blades, virtually guarantees that the cost of the former will be low, and bound to get lower, due to mass market economics. Enjoy playing with yourself!

You don't need soaps, creams or aerosols the lubricating strip on the cartridge does it all for you.

Plus the cost of tapwater is skyrocketing. I would say that just staring at your bead and willing the hairs to go away might be the most cost-effective way to go but time = money.

I'm just confused about the cost argument...unless this is just a post to be funny.

Carts are anywhere from 1-5 dollars each.
Blades are anywhere from 10 cents to about a buck each.

It's a post to be funny. That's why it's in the clown house.

Although the idea of going back to carts so I can apply more pressure is a good one. Does that count as exercise? Should I post that question in the clubhouse?

It's a post to be funny. That's why it's in the clown house.

DOH!!! I should have looked at where the thread was located. I didn't even notice that.
Now that I've ruined the whole thread, maybe thePatrician should start another. Sorry about that.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Excellent timing, Patrician.

You're going to have to atone for this thread.

You might want to consider this fine alternative before going over to carts:

$$(KGrHqF,!ksE-oHD6vhMBP8JB,lqf!~~60_12.JPG

Powered by inexpensive beans, beer, brussels sprouts and a variety of other fragrance producing ingestible items. Do away with all those pricey soaps and colognes--you won't need them anymore! You can produce your own unique aromatic experiences while getting a fast, powerful shave.

Warning: you will have to shave au naturel to get the full benefit of this unique shaving system. Not for the faint of heart.

(Disclaimer--a childhood friend's Dad actually had one of these original gag items back in the late 50's. We thought it was hilarious--and I still do!)

Although the idea of going back to carts so I can apply more pressure is a good one. Does that count as exercise? Should I post that question in the clubhouse?

This and eight-ounce arm curls and I will be ripped like an Olympian god.

DOH!!! I should have looked at where the thread was located. I didn't even notice that.
Now that I've ruined the whole thread, maybe thePatrician should start another. Sorry about that.

Oh please don't apologize, this made me laugh heartily!

I got my Fusion only because it has a vibrate function so I get a shave and a massage at the same time. When I travel I remove the battery and hide my drugs in that compartment. Because I use Arko no one smells the drugs ...

I got my Fusion only because it has a vibrate function so I get a shave and a massage at the same time. When I travel I remove the battery and hide my drugs in that compartment. Because I use Arko no one smells the drugs ...

I guess that's one good thing the Fusion Power is good for. It beats swallowing a balloon.

Excellent timing, Patrician.

You're going to have to atone for this thread.

I REGRET NOTHING!! :a11::lol:

Top Bottom