What's new

Prince shaving cream by LUSH brand

Has anyone ever tried it? My uncle got it for me a while back as a joke because i'm a big fan of Prince the musician(hence the username eroticity or "erotic city") I'm not very familiar with LUSH products but I feel like its only meant for women's leg shaving.

$2012-09-13_23-34-22_747.jpg

I never thought of checking Lush for shaving cream. I'm a huge fan of their shower gels.

That shaving cream is not meant just for ladies. It's under the "Face" section on their web site, and it says:
"Lumberjacks and mountain men, step right up! Prince is best suited to men with thick or coarse facial hair."

Here's more of their description of the product:
"Our most luxurious shaving cream for thick, burly beards, Prince is made with Fair Trade cocoa butter to moisturize and soften the skin whilst you shave to minimize irritation. Rose water, almond oil and witch hazel work together to leave your pores feeling clean and free of shaving debris. Plus, the fresh neroli scent is the perfect way to start the day. This shaving cream makes every man feel like a prince."

Please let us know how you like it. I may have to wander into the Lush shop that is a 15 minute walk for me in Chicago just to give that stuff a sniff or two. Very curious to hear how it lathers and what kind of shave you get.

Nick

I never thought of checking Lush for shaving cream. I'm a huge fan of their shower gels.

That shaving cream is not meant just for ladies. It's under the "Face" section on their web site, and it says:
"Lumberjacks and mountain men, step right up! Prince is best suited to men with thick or coarse facial hair."

Here's more of their description of the product:
"Our most luxurious shaving cream for thick, burly beards, Prince is made with Fair Trade cocoa butter to moisturize and soften the skin whilst you shave to minimize irritation. Rose water, almond oil and witch hazel work together to leave your pores feeling clean and free of shaving debris. Plus, the fresh neroli scent is the perfect way to start the day. This shaving cream makes every man feel like a prince."

Please let us know how you like it. I may have to wander into the Lush shop that is a 15 minute walk for me in Chicago just to give that stuff a sniff or two. Very curious to hear how it lathers and what kind of shave you get.

Nick
Good to know Nick! Thanks for the research. I shall try it out this week and let you know how it is.

:) I'm a huge fan of Prince (the artist). Imagine the commercial for this soap: "you don't have to be rich, to shave with me" :p

I scored a couple of sample pots a short while ago and really looked forward to trying it out.
What a bust! No lather, and a dreadful scent, and I need two 10ml pots to shave an average size chin.
FYI, Dearly Beloved used the remainder on her legs but still to no avail.

It is like shaving with Cocoa Butter cream. I used it when I had sunburn for a really cushioning and moisturizing shave. When I finished all of my Lush samples, I did not rush out for more. I still have a brushless Varvatos cream that I rarely use. I just picked up a small tube of a Spanish gel for the same purpose today ($3 on clearance at TJ Maxx for N&D gel).

Knowing that Lush tries to use a lot of expendable ingredients, if it's old I wouldn't do it. It may be expired. Also, all of Lush's creams are brushless (asked once when I went in) so don't brush it up.

Has anyone ever tried it? My uncle got it for me a while back as a joke because i'm a big fan of Prince the musician(hence the username eroticity or "erotic city") I'm not very familiar with LUSH products but I feel like its only meant for women's leg shaving.

View attachment 272336
i used it....it does not foam at all, so brush doesn't help. i just spread it on afar hot shower or hot towel .
didn't enjoy it as you can't really see where it is .its thin. so i then lathered up a usual with mitchels wool fat or toobs
Ill keep using it as i would a presage oil .
can't send it back ,since i dipped into it already.
lets call it a preshave cream?

i used it....it does not foam at all, so brush doesn't help. i just spread it on afar hot shower or hot towel .
didn't enjoy it as you can't really see where it is .its thin. so i then lathered up a usual with mitchels wool fat or toobs
Ill keep using it as i would a presage oil .
can't send it back ,since i dipped into it already.
lets call it a preshave cream?
im not knocking the lush ..it has natural ingegiants and hear its a good company . and its probably not basic ( low PH) .I think thats why its doesn't foam .
so its probably a pretty decent preshave .

Brushless creams don't lather. Needless to say, don't use a brush
Lucky R,
I know , now I’m using the Lush prince shaving cream first and the lathering with my soap over it
I think the Lush is an amazining preshave , it’s really slick .
Especially because I use a straight razor

Be good to hear what you think I’m new to de shaving my girlfriend got me it so can’t compare it to any other brand - I’ve found it does lather though similar to if you lathered a normal bar of soap maybe a little more

Be good to hear what you think I’m new to de shaving my girlfriend got me it so can’t compare it to any other brand - I’ve found it does lather though similar to if you lathered a normal bar of soap maybe a little more

None of the LUSH soaps are lathing AFIAK, they are essentially brushless creams so they should be just smeared on with your hand and worked in. I was told by the staff that the D'Fluff was more of a soap and would lather more than the others but is still not a lathering soap as we would normally use.

Top Bottom