What's new

Proraso - Separate Bowl or straight from the tub?

Perhaps a dumb question but if you buy the Proraso Tub of shaving cream (not the tube), do you take the brush straight to the tub or do you scoop some out and mix in a cup?

Thanks!

- Chris

always did tub transferred to mug, more frequently face lathering now.... been a while since I used the Proraso in tub, so likely will tub to face it

I prefer transferring most of it to a mug. Reason being when the tub is new, its filled to the brim. The lather then runs all over the place as i whip it up. When its set lower in a mug, most of the lather remains contained.... As an aside, the mug looks nicer.....just me....cheers, rich

I assumed the tub was shaped that way for that very reason. I used the tube originally with a bowl and have had great shaves with both. Thanks for the feedback!

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Chris, the most used and best (IMHO) way to load Proraso soap is directly from its own plastic bowl. Once the brush is well loaded with soap start face lathering or bowl/scuttle lathering as you prefer. By the way, Proraso is one of the easiest soaps to make lather with and gives consistent good shaves.

Being a TOFLAC-U face lather, I just massage the cream directly on my skin and then add a bit directly on the tips of the brush - and always get a great shave from Proraso :drool:

Why bother doing anything other than taking it from the tub?
It doesn't matter if one uses a boar or a badger, they lather fine from the tub.
Regards,
Renato

Chris, the most used and best (IMHO) way to load Proraso soap is directly from its own plastic bowl. Once the brush is well loaded with soap start face lathering or bowl/scuttle lathering as you prefer. By the way, Proraso is one of the easiest soaps to make lather with and gives consistent good shaves.
+2. As usual, Marco is right on the money. Proraso is a fantastic performer, at any price point.

straight from the tub. I make sure the brush is not too wet but not too dry. you'll get the hang of it for each cream or soap. enjoy. i had some razorock this morning.

All "tub" creams get "spooned" out with an ice cream sample spoon. It holds a little less than an 1/8th tsp of cream.

Always get the same consistent amount of cream every time.

Being plastic the spoon does not "hold onto" the cream. I can use a wet brush and get 100% of it off the spoon into the shave bowl/scuttle.

I even use the spoon to measure "tube" creams so that I get a consistent amount from both a tub and a tube of cream

proxy.php

proxy.php

Top Bottom